NY vs MA

Hey guys, i figured here would be a good place to post a question about buying a car out of state.
I plan on buying a an 07 wrx from Springfield Mass, and i am from Upstate NY, obviously. So my dilemma is i cant grab her until Saturday, which of course DMV is closed, and wont be open again until Tuesday.
And to put the icing on the cake, MA is the ONLY state that doesn’t offer intransit plates -_-. So now im stuck either driving it illegally, or trailing.
Wondering if anyone knows if my bank in NY, will transfer the loan money into the sellers bank account so that he is able to pay off his loan and i can grab her friday. or if anyone has had the same issue and has a way around this? would appreciate any advice! thanks =)

car isnt registered correct? might have to wait.

im sure someone on here has dealer plates or transport plates you could use.

im sure you can fuck right off skidmark

If trailer it anyways.

i’m surprised josh doesn’t have a car trailer.

Is is current on the road in MA? Maybe the seller will let you drive it home on his reg and then you can mail him the plates

ma isn’t the only state that doesn’t offer intransit plates…neither does florida or ct on private sales. still never stopped me from driving home cars from both those states illegal as hell. i’m not recommending it just saying i’ve done it successfully. it’s sketchy, an adrenaline rush every time you see a cop (like when 6 are in mcds parking lot eating breakfast), and if you get caught the price of that car just went up a ton in tickets. but hey gotta get a car home.

If you have the loan money in your account, you can do a wire transfer.

If you are going to attempt to drive the car home with a not so legal plate, def make sure to insure the vehicle before driving. It would look a lot worse, being both unregistered and uninsured.

:rofl:rofl

Steal an out of state plate from a parking lot and you’re good to go

I’ve driven multiple vehicles out of state into NY with NY plates off another vehicles I own. Never caught, but I can’t recommend it. Not worth the risk.

Yeah it’s almost a less serious offense driving with no plates at all. But you are basically guaranteed to get pulled over with no plates so…

I did this years ago when I bought a car from a seller in VT. I drove it home with his plates on it, registered it the next day and mailed his plates back. As long as it’s on the road it may be your best option.

gotta love people who open threads then never respond in them

Yes the car is reg in NY. AS of today it is insured in my name. Guess we are going to take the plates off my car and drive it back! Thanks for the responses!