NYI (Empire) Opening Weekend 4/16-17

Anyone planning on heading down? I may go down Sunday haven’t lived my life a quarter mile at a time in years.

What will you be driving?!?!?!

what time is it. I might take the tdi for a couple passes

Willy I am taking the slow WRX… looking to test out something more than anything else.

How slow is it?

I’d like to head down and check some cars out. I might have my car on the track before snow flies, and want to see what the competition looks like. Plus I need ideas for my car still.

From http://empiredragway.com/

04-13-11 Attention Everyone - We received 3/4" of rain today. The facility is soaked. It was starting to dry up very nicely prior to today’s rain. I am going to keep a close eye on the situation. Right now you could not park a pick up truck in the pits without getting stuck, let alone a motor home and race car trailer. We are advising everyone to check the website or call us prior to coming here on Saturday. I will make a decision by noon on Friday as far as this weekend is concerned. Please pass this information along to everyone you know.
Thanks. Bob

FYI the weather is supposed to be awful on Saturday. Sunday it may be nice but theres still a chance it might rain.

I would say Premature Trackulation!!! About an inch of snow today