NYIRP today 9/27/06

Yup he finally decided to pull some crap out and make the most of the one pass he would get before getting kicked out. He took the wing off, back seat, and passenger seat. He ran the 1/8th twice to get a couple practice launches in on the new clutch and so we could check the tune out. Then he went for a full pass and the clutch broke again and locked engaged so the 11.1 at 131 mph on the old slipping clutch from the last shootout is still the best time in that car. Needless to say we’re all really frustrated with this clutch situation.

Joe’s STi just about finished off his clutch, but in his case it’s just slipping a lot and he was able to drive home. I was hoping it would hold for at least one pass, but I can’t say I’m surprised after it slipped in 4th-6th gear during tuning.

Ramone’s STi ran 12.3 at 113 all night on his low boost pump gas only tune so I was happy with that considering he just needs to get used to driving it to get more MPH out of it. Everyone laughs when you hear these guys go down the track because right after the 1/8th they go into 5th and almost use it all. :rofl:

I think Jay did well in the RX7 for not revving it out. Next time with a 112 tune and revving to 8700 or so I’m thinking low 11’s at 13X on his street tires.

I finally got to meet OCD. Very nice fellow. I’m sure we’ll see you at the track again.

-Mike