NYS at it again

What else are they going to pass?! :wtf :headbang

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A10482

:idiots

and I was going to buy a v-1 this weekend to, well fuck that now, that bill is gay, time for super stealth installs I gues

SUMMARY OF PROVISIONS : The Vehicle and Traffic Law (VTL) is amended
by adding a new section 134-d to define radar or laser blocking device
as any instrument designed to block or jam, by either mechanical or
electrical means any radar or laser device used by a police officer to
monitor vehicular speed.

According to the definition of the ammendment, only a device that has the capability to block radar/laser is now illegal. If someone gets a ticket for having a radar detector in their car they can fight this ticket. Also if you wanted to go as far as to say that you have the detector because it picks up signals from red lights and construction zones and that it helps you to recognize where they are, you may also be able to get away with it.

NYS is really starting to suck. Like California. GAY.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

yeah it did say that, in other sections it said otherwise

Oh, it clearly states it’s only for vehicles over 18,000lbs, namely commercial vehicles, they just amended it from 10,000 lbs to 18,000lbs

No biggy :nod

You’re all a bunch of spazoids. :tong

really? hmm oh well.

S 397-a. Radar detectors and laser detectors prohibited. 1. No radar detector {or}, laser detector OR RADAR OR LASER BLOCKING DEVICE shall be used in any motor vehicle {with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than eighteen thousand pounds or in any commercial vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than ten thousand pounds}.

My guess is someone with a big RV wrapped themselves around a tree at 85mph and happened to have a laser jammer or something, hence, this bill.

but it says “all motor vehicles” right at the beginning :wtf w.e

I cant afford to waste the gas required to speed like that in an SUV. :sad

:lol The most vague law i’ve ever read i think :wtf

Right but that’s the entire bill, here’s the link:

It says on the original link that section 134d was added and 397-a is amended. 134-d is the ban of radar/laser jamming equipment, and 397-a makes no mention of passenger vehicles under 18k lbs.

Not to mention cops can’t do shit until the first november after the bill is made a law. IF it’s made a law :nod

Ben, you work at a parking garage and go to SCCC, stfu.

:shifty

Actually I’m a high school drop out who works at a parking garage and WILL be attending SCCC in the fall what’s your point?

You have no idea why I dropped out, or why I work at the garage, at least I’ve held a job for three years and never missed a bill in the 5 years I’ve been living on my own, that’s more than many can say.

haha dude, relax.

Wait. NY is telling me I can’t scan the radio waves? LOL

your the man, Ben :giggedy

Werd, anyone except truckers and busses pretty much can use a detector. No one can use a radar/laser blocking device. No big deal at all.
Shawn- I know your car is close to the weight they described, but you’re still safe.