anyone know anything about the k40 radar detector/laser jammer?

my buddy at infiniti has one of these laying around and asked me if i wanted it… How do these compare to the valentine v1? Are they even legal? Do they really jam a laser? Would a cop know if i was using a laser jammer on him or would he just think his unit wasnt working for a second?

This kit goes in your bumper so theres literally no trace of it.

I think I saw someone testing it out on youtube… Check it out.

LRN2GOOGLE FGT

tl;dr version-

laser jamming is never a bad thing, but I’d use a v1 in conjunction fosho

laser jamming is illegal, and its a federal offense because it’s messing with the signal. how easy is it for a cop to tell, i have no clue.

the laser shifters are legal though because they just change where the signal goes, not the signal itself.

and if a unit is there, there is a trace of it.

Radar jamming is illegal as it’s controlled by the FCC.

Laser jamming is legal.

http://www.guysoflidar.com/new-york-laser-jammer-laws.html

humm, i was always under the impression that they were both controlled by the fcc which is why the only legal laser defense was the laser shifters.

nope, I believe all the laser jammers on the market are considered ‘diffusers’

I think that means they don’t affect the gun itself, or jam the output of it, but they fuck the beam up in front of the car so that the returning beam isn’t what the gun is expecting and gives an error

shits legal, but if a cop locks you and you jam-to-gun, he can still yank you by visually estimating your speed, and if he sees the jammers, he’ll probably make your life hell

Well, if your driving down the highway and a cop sees your car go by, and his radar gets messed up at the same time, well your car doesn’t exactly blend in. Red car, Big black rims. He will probably assume it’s you, pull you over and then check again once he stops you…

I had a jammer system…

Who the fuck knows if it worked…

I have a valentine one, I know that it works.

not with laser it doesnt :slight_smile:

Even radar detectors are illegal to use in ny. You can buy them but can’t use them

no? lol… i got pulled over a month ago with it right on my window. all he said was dont expect any breaks with that in your window.

Radar detectors and jammers are legal to own/use in NYS, EXCEPT in commercial vehicles.

Google and Wiki is your friend!

radar jammers are not legal.

if every laser jammer on the market is a shifter, then there is no such thing as a laser jammer and laser shifters are legal.

will the cop know you have one? yes, because you will be the only car on the road that doesn’t give a speed reading, thats how shifters work, cops don’t receive a signal back. can he do anything about it? yes if youre dumb enough not to slow down the second your shit goes off so he has time to switch to radar/visual/etc.

it does, it tells you when a cop has hit youre car with laser. therefore v1s detect radar, remember these are not tools to get away with speeding but tools to tell you when a cop is doing speed enforcement in the area, which is your right to know.

btw i have gotten away with driving to fast and getting hit with laser bc of my v1 :skid

it tells you when your already hit with the laser thus making it useless lol… Thats how I got hit a few months ago… was doing like 92 and the v1 went off with the sound it makes when im being hit with a laser and by that time he already got me… saw him pulling out and i pulled over like a 1/4 mile down the road before he even got out of the u turn lol… ended up just giving me a traffic light ticket bc i pulled over and i beat that shit

this… v1 just lets you know your getting a ticket. its like yeah your fucked “laser”

so your detector worked. if you think a v1 is there to let you drive at excessive speeds then you are going to get caught. yes it is useless if you are using it to detect laser with time to slow down so the cop doesn’t ticket you but that is not the purpose of the device.

lol, idc the purpose of the device, you and other people buy it because it detects when a radar is near so that we can slow down BEFORE you get clocked… no one would own one if the radar went off AFTER the cop clocked you… lol