cop radars

could anyone refer a good one for the money? or just a cheap one that wrks good? a couple of my friends bought some and they only work maybe %60 percent of the time…

looking for a radar dectector i presume, thread title almost makes it sound like you are looking for a radar gun lol

LOL sounds like you want a police / cop detector and not a radar detector.

no such thing

by the time your detectors gone off, the cop already has the mph back at his car…just my 2 cents

unless its radar bounced off other cars or shit in front of you

if its a laser… yup

not true…

i just stick to 10 mph over and 15 mph over in the northway

Completely false unless it is laser

V1 is the only way to fly, Passport 8500 is the cheapest one I would ever consider. I am pretty sure there are a couple threads on radar detectors.

Cheap ones will get you in more trouble than good ones by giving you a force sense of security and themselves being useless. Been there done that. One ticket would cost more than going with a solid one to begin with.

Loved my Valentine1 and debating on getting another one as I can think of a few times when it could have gotten me out of trouble already.

Passport has a new model which is quite comparative as well, so it goes down to preference of small features but performance is very similar.

On a plus side, laser jamming is legal.

V1 here. I don’t use it to speed, it just keeps me in check. If nothing else it keeps me alert as when it goes off you start looking. And it works good. Laser you’re pretty much screwed unless you manage to get your speed down before the officer releases the trigger(that’s when it locks in the speed). Also if an officer is doing instant on with KA it kind of defeats the detector as it’s not picking it up until you’re already in sight.

I’ve had the V1 pick up Ka and beep away for a long time before the patrol car is visible. Plus it’s fun backing off and having another car zip by quick and get nabbed :haha

yep,

v1 saved my ass alot, just take it easy if youre alone on the road

haha my bad guys i meant radar detector, and im no speeder :ninja, just keeping out of the way of easy tickets, v1 sounds like the way to go

While I’m a v1 fan myself and will likely get another one, it is slowly losing ground to competition as it’s being dated and it’s upgrades don’t keep up.

It’s not to say that it’s bad one bit, just not as good as some competition.

I for one loved arrows even if it’s arguably a gimmick.

It will pay for itself with just one save, which is not a matter of if, but rather when.

And with this argument Im finding it hard for me not to go and look for one myself right now. I know I could have avoided my last stop if I had one.

V1

V1

i gotta give some love to the Passport 8500 x50, works great and has saved me many times. All the research iv done shows that the V1 and Passport are on the same level being the best 2 out there, Motor Trend said that it comes down to what you like the looks/styling of better if money isnt an option. Theres other pple on here that like and have the Passport aswell, not everyone is a V1 lover lol

V1

8500/9500

I bought a 8500 first and then was following somebody with a V1, his V1 went off significantly earlier than my passport. I promptly returned the Passport and bought a V1 and haven’t looked back. The arrows are not a gimmick, they are another input into making a decision on how to react to a signal. Note, even with a radar detector nothing makes up for being aware as you drive, there is still laser, instant on, etc.