NYSpeed boxing fans, Hatton vs Mayweather

For those who care, quite possible the biggest fight of the year goes off tonight. Not that it’s been real easy to miss with the amount of hype this one has had going.

Anyway, get some predictions up!!

If Ricky can land one or two big bodyshots and slow Mayweather down a bit, I think that’ll be the fight. If this fight goes the distance, I’d be suprised if Mayweather doesn’t win on the cards.

I like The Hitman in the 7th via KO.

im not a boxing fan. but it will probably come in FTA tonite.

I’ll definitely be watching Mayweather win another one tonight.

Go ricky!
gotta support the white boxers, being on baby joe’s crew and all…they’re still outnumbered but they are catching up. Now if only any of them were actually American…

Cant wait to pregame to this tonight, heart FTA box

I hate to be that guy but Mayweather is gonna destroy him. They are saying he is in amzing shape for this fight and the guy is already such a good athlete.

Hatton has a better record than Mayweather, but hes shorter and has less reach, i dont know much about their individual styles (ie who can take a beating longer, who comes out fast, etc) but i know it should be a fierce fight. the weigh in had so much energy between them, its going to be a KO i think…

OMG come back to me tomorrow morning after mayweather makes him look like the slow white guy who has fought no competition and has NO CHANCE that he is

GO FLOYD

the only boxing match worth watching was oscar v floyd b/c oscar has a slim chance and it was a good fight… this isn’t even gonna be close

Go Ricky, I hope he knocks him out. Can’t stand PBF

anyone want to watch it, click the HBO PPV link.

you may have to install directx, takes a couple minutes to connect, but no lag.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Mayweather just knocked him out in the 10th but that was the first Floyd fight i’ve ever seen that didn’t suck to watch. Hell of an entertaining fight, Ricky had him in the brawl that he needed to win.

:tup: to floyd for a classy post-fight interview, instead of the usual “i know i’m better than him, blah blah blah” crap

what a great fight! After the 8th round you almost knew that hatton didn’t have enough in him. I was glad to see mayweather win after all the british fans booed our national anthem. Mayweather’s stats are incredible, landing almost 40% of all his punches to Hatton’s 17%.

Great fight.

Hatton ran out of gas, simply put. On that first knockdown his right hand was at his damn waist while throwing that lazy looking left. That was a very nice shot by Mayweather, circling to the left out of the corner and going over the top.

I’m suprised Ricky was able to get up from that one.

After how good this fight was, I can’t be the only one who feels a Hatton vs Mayweather 2 coming on, can I? If not another match with The Hitman, maybe Cotto?

I just wish the best pound for pounder in the world right now didn’t constantly back up during all his fights…and also that he wasn’t usually such an arrogant prick.

enjoyed the fight, would have liked to see more fighting out of the holding, thought the ref was to involved in the fight. Overall nice to see a fight like this, pressure fighting, and not going to the cards.
PBF was just the better fighter, no questions on that one.

[quote=“1995gts,post:14,topic:39949"”]

enjoyed the fight, would have liked to see more fighting out of the holding, thought the ref was to involved in the fight.

[/quote]

Yeah, early on, he really didn’t let Hatton do much on the inside.

Sadly, I don’t think it would have altered the outcome too much, but it is true nonetheless.

no suprise

[quote=“SI01,post:15,topic:39949"”]

Yeah, early on, he really didn’t let Hatton do much on the inside.

Sadly, I don’t think it would have altered the outcome too much, but it is true nonetheless.

[/quote]

It was a hatton fight, he holds a lot. Hatton was to small for this fight, I think it really showed after the 7th, before that good fight…7-10 he was exposed.

it was a good fight.
I see him fighting Cotto next. :slight_smile:

[quote=“1995gts,post:17,topic:39949"”]

It was a hatton fight, he holds a lot. Hatton was to small for this fight, I think it really showed after the 7th, before that good fight…7-10 he was exposed.

[/quote]

I know he holds alot.

My point was, the ref wasn’t letting him work inside much, and in the first 5 or 6 rounds the breaks seemed to come VERY fast, before he had the chance to work Mayweather’s body.

Regardless, Mayweather was the much better man last night, there is no doubt.

[quote=“Estorvito,post:18,topic:39949"”]

it was a good fight.
I see him fighting Cotto next. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Cotto vs Mayweather and Hatton vs De La Hoya are hopefully both on the horizon. Oscar wants to fight Ricky in England, that’d be great.