NYspeed doctors help

K, ive been sick since wednesday, its now friday, and i still have fever, exhaustion, headache, fluid and pain in my right lung ONLY, shortness of breath and chills, and a pounding/elevated heartrate. Since i dont have health ins. does anyone remotly know how much a doctors visit is gonna cost?

Im dyin over here, it hasnt gotten any worse, im just really tired from the whole lack of sleep. I want to get his thing taken care of before i go crazy

sounds like Mono.

i took my son in for his 3 year old checkup - for an exam with no prescription, it was $324 bucks.

I had something similar for the past 3 weeks. I finally just got all the fluid out of my left lung, and can breathe normally again. there is a very nasty virus going around. slam motrin and caugh drops…it helps alot. and sudafed is great too.

I’ve had the same thing. Sudafed and NyQuil are your friends. If you have access to Erytabs (Erythromycin) even better.

Erythromycin is an antibiotic, which kills the bacteria responsible for causing pneumonia. The virus is making you sick, but the bacteria is making it worse. Get rid of the bacteria with the Erythromycin and use typical cold remedies (sudafed, nyquil, chicken noodle soup, etc) to get rid of the virus. My thing lasted for about 3 weeks, but the worst of it all was in the 3rd week when I actually called in sick.

Yeah I’m pretty sure its not Mono. I had mono back in High School and thats more of a throat thing. Just like JEG said, its a nasty virus going around.

you want to be very careful about antibiotics, especially if you don’t know whats wrong with you. Esp if you have had an allegeric reaction to over meds.
why would i say such a thing? becuz i took meds that weren’t prescribed to me, i had an allegeric rxn, then took the meds that WERE prescribed and then had reaction to that.
in other words, don’t take anything unless you have a prescription. If you don’t know what ails you, don’t take antibiotics Obviously they are only good for one type of ailment.

regardless, you want to get better in a few days, go to a doctor. if you have fluid in your lungs then thats pneumonia, like someone said. It can be fatal, you basically drown in the fluid if it gets progressively worse due to lack of oxygen exchange. This is more then a cold, it usually warrents a visitation to the dr in my book.

^ that is good advise. but I was prescribed erytabs some time ago and they worked for me back then. My mom just happened to have some extras for me to use this time around.

maybe you should try searching www.webmd.com that might give you a good idea

:word: that was gonna be my addition to this thread, webmd is perfect for stuff like that

i know exactly what this is.

it’s teh HIV
magic johnson had it.

Had? That dude’s still alive isn’t he?

And I dont’ know why you would ever take any medical advice from a car forum, except for going to webmd.com.

just chug a half-bottle of 10w-40, u’ll be better in no time…

half the time i can barely diagnose car problems, let alone humans. go to the dr. man, they make lots of ca$h money for a reason