NYSpeed Drag Day?

I’ve had no problem working with Watkins Glen, the Grand Prix Toronto, etc but if I can’t get some guy with a strip of land in the county to take me seriously it’s probably not me, lol.

I always managed to get 5 or 6 runs in on a test-n-tune night and that was enough for me. But I’m not a big drag racer so paying 6 times the price for 3 times the runs never made sense.

And I won’t do this unless we can get both lanes. I want to see some of you fools go head-to-head and in person, not just compare slips after runs. Besides it makes for better video :slight_smile:

Bob will / has prepped both lanes. You just have to cough up the money. I would have no problem putting up the cash up front if I know the date 3 weeks ahead of time so I can take off work.

I agree that if it’s going to be a big board event you should get both lanes going so people can run head to head. It will be a heck of a lot more fun to watch so people will be more likely to show up and want to see the videos.

Josh I talked to them this summer and 3 or 4 years ago and got the same answer and pricing both times.

I to remember Maxial drag day being $40 a car with both lanes. Don’t know how, but they did it.

Who the hell is manning the phones over there, lol.

I think I remember it being $40 at some point, but only found his $50 day here: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?56926-9-20-Maximal-Performance-Drag-Day-(NYIRP-Rental)&highlight=maximal

I was able to work out deals with both Bob and Vito (Bob was $40 and Vito was $50) as long as I guaranteed 30 cars. I think a few of the first couple years I was a bit short and Bob said no big deal.

I haven’t done it the last couple of years since I’ve been more into the road race thing but if you guys are interested I can try another one…it’s a bit late in the year and it’d be a gamble with weather so spring might be better.

This was of course 2 years ago so things may have changed and the $60 price may be set in stone. However I don’t see why if we have 30+ cars (I think the last year was around 40) we can’t get a deal.

if i can get atleast 25 passes in, im game for 60$

I just dont want to pay 60 and get like 10 passes. how many hours is a track rental for?

have you actually ever been to a track? I wanna see you make 25 passes on a track day. You would literally have to hotlap it. The whole point of renting the track is to be able to make your passes when your good and ready to without any pressure. This alone is worth the money.

Still IN. deff not stressing over $60.

I’ll go if I can make 1 pass before I hit the wall

IN for the spring. $60 wouldn’t be the worst price.

totally game. might as well get the new setup right to the track eh?

myself, ken, and chrissy would be in…

I would probably be in in the spring

yes. ive been to alot of track days. mostly on the 1/8th

most passes ever made was 38, i was hot lapping and there were alot more than the proposed 50 cars, more like 150. when lancaster use to have the show em off sunday grudge racing.

I was averaging 25+ passes on those days for 20$.

Alright how about this; I’ll set it up for the spring and do a drag day as our spring meet.

If you guys are willing to pay at $60 per car I might as well give it another shot. Does anyone know one of the decision makers over there personally so I can try to work on the price? As opposed to calling them up and having them not take me seriously as they did before to myself and Inn-Tune.

If we do this as a sping meet, would you guys want to combine it with a BBQ? I’d do the same thing we did at Dunnville a few years ago except we’d fully cater the event by BW like we did this year.

Also, what day of the week & month should this happen? May 26th-ish is usually our spring meets but is that too early? The weather is usually perfect but maybe it would be safer to do in June? Sunday’s usually work best for everyone but what is the track schedule like on Sundays? Is that even a possibility?

everything sounds great to me. Obviously sat/sun work best however due to events they may be hard to book so the sooner in advance we schedule the better. May is plenty of time for cars to be out and ready.

I want the best track prep available. Even if it is a few extra bux

Few things come to mind:

Probably want it during the very start or end of season so you can get good drag weather.
Far enough in that cars will be finished from winter builds and have some testing done.

I would not really care for food and would rather a regular spring meet so there is ample time to socialize and enjoy the day. I tend to be really busy(focused) at drag days.

If I make it to the track before the end of the year I’ll try to talk to Bob with it and get it started. As for someone to talk to either Bob or Donna (his wife) would probably be best but they’re usually the ones than answer the phone anyways.

Agree’d. Leave the BBQ separate.