NYSpeed Mobile?

I was wondering for those of us that use our phones, whether it be the iPhone or any other smart phone, would we be able to get a mobile version of the site such as Dubs In the Buff has for theirs? It makes it much easier and way faster to view

This has always worked great for me on phones.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29839&highlight=MOBILE

I believe that m.nyspeed may still be in the works as well.

m.nyspeed.com is a no go.

:word:

The site works fine if you install opera mini on your phone…

Opera Mini + SkinLite Blue :tup:

that does work better… admins should make m.nyspeed point to that until something better comes along.

bump.

just wondering if there are plans for the future on having a mobile skin/site with the update and all.
would make things a lot easier for all of us that have shitty phones/not able to install opera mini or some other browser on our phones.

Word, good thing you bumped this, I was looking for it earlier.

Mobile NYSpeed would be great with this new update, way too much going on for it to be easy to navigate on the iPhone

This is one of those things that is “in the works”.

Yeah sorry for the inconvenience right now guys but we’re working on it.

The current site is designed to work on any device with a minimum of 800 pixels wide, like most sites on the web. And the ‘apps’ for iPhones and BB’s don’t carry over to 4.0 yet but they’re being worked on.

:bigtup:
i was just hoping that there were at least future plans for something to make browsing on mobile easier once all the kinks on the back end are worked out

I am in the process of creating m.nyspeed.com that will work on mobile phones. I am also working on getting the iPhone and Blackberry native applications installed. Unfortunately there are much more important issues before these can be addressed.

Alright cool no problem, just was curious. I love this layout on the computer, it’s just a bit noisy on the phone tho, either way I’m happy it’s moving forward :tup:

just a suggestion for us smart phone users who dont want to wait for everything to load up. there is an android app called tapatalk that has a database of over 4500 forums and is a lot faster than using browser plus it is supposedly free to activate for forum owners. i use it to browse nasioc along with other forums and it is very nice

I guess there wasn’t too many people using that option when it was available.

in for mobile skin.
i used it all the time when we had one.

Merged. Got a few things to take care of but it’s on the list.

oh sorry i didn’t know this was already brought up

It’s cool. What phone are you on?