NYSpeed official Oblivion thread *mods plz sticky*

Still havent tried the hdr lighting thing (its running good and i dont wanna mess with that yet)
Have beaten the game with an sneaking archer type character and damn are they weak.

I started again made a warrior, nord and using blunt weapons rules. WAY more fun that arrows. And working for the dark brotherhood is fucking hard (lots of stealth) and very entertaining.
(best quest is ~5 in and they lock me in a house with 5 unarmed people to kill)

hahahaha new mod coming out for it

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Sirwootalot/Random%20TR/Non-TR%20Projects/CNpreview.jpg

edit: minglor… give it a try. I wish my card supported it… gives the game ALOT more depth

I recently played this game for about 30 minutes on an Xbox360, I would have to say that even though my pc is out of date by about a year, My PC can make it look better. My loading times are faster, and with the 360 the only thing video you can adjust in brightness. I did however like the controller layout aspect to it, and it had less framedrop during battles than my pc does.

psssst you can adjust the brightness on oblivion too
ha
and make your shit look unpretty like the 3shitty and your rate wont drop in battle

I rather enjoy the majesty of the environment

funny thing I noticed… it doesnt matter if I’m using large sized textures or medium sized… I get the same fram rate 99.9% of the time. just a heads up

oh and by the way, I got infected by a vampire somehow :frowning: :tdown: time to find a cure

Pft… dont find a cure. Being a vampire is sweet. You get crazy attribute bonuses. While you do take sun damage during the day (more damage the higher your level of vampirism is), just go do some dungeons or oblivion gates during the day and do other stuff during the night. And if you really need to get quests done with people you can only interact with during the day, just go feed at night and you’re set for a day =)

yeah… I was reading about it a little today :slight_smile: :tup: I might play around with it some.

I just finished the main quest, so why not right? I like the “detect life for 1000 feet” or whatever it is that you get with the hunters sight attribute.

only thing I dont understand is… I dont ever remember getting bit. just out of the blue I got a message when I woke up saying that I was now a vampire (your only supposed to get that AFTER the 3 days of being infected)

I got mine somewhere along the way of Dark brotherhood quests I think. I cant really remember cuz I’ve had it for awhile. I’ve been slacking on the main questline. I just really dont want to go close more oblivion gates for the aid for bruma quest lol.

actually, you dont even need to do that.

there are only 3 gates you need to do for the main quest. The first being Kavach (sp)… then the one for bruma. The other, you have to do is the final oblivion gate @ bruma.

just go get the artifacts for jeauffry/martin that they ask for and it’ll skip that part of the quest :tup: :slight_smile:

Ah cool. Didnt know that. I guess I’ll go have to do mascarand or w/e the ayleid ruin is called now :slight_smile:

If anyone needs a copy of the Oblivion manual… here you go. I hosted for ya’ll :slight_smile:

Linky: [size=4]RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS. It will open in your current window otherwise!! [/size]The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion - Manual

:tup:

What about is a good amount of gold? I’m still unsure of the tactics I should take early on. I am picking up everything in site, and selling even the food i pick up (grain, corn, etc.)

Is this stuff any use? can i cook/bake? LOL

Are there recipe lists anywhere?

I’ve never played this game…is it like a fable kinda rpg?

yeah, sort of

you can do alchmey… just need a morter and pestal. once you have one, go into your inventory and equip it. then you can mix ingrediants with similar effects to make potions (and sell them for $$$).

did you just start? the only real things you need $$$ for is buying houses and paying random NPC’s/guards for getting out of jail.

most of the good weapons, rings and armor is stuff you find in dungons :slight_smile:

JEG, sort of… a bit more complex though but it’s the same type of RPG (it’s not a “wait in line” RPG like final fantasy

just an FYI… check out piratebay :wink:

official Bethesda horse armor mod is on there :smiley: (or just go to the oblivion website and d/l it)

So I got a Xbox360 (no noted realistic timeframe + FFXI ftw :D) and I got PGR, which made me totally regret buying a 360… I turned around and rented Oblivion… I am amazed at this game.

Game loading is a bore, but you learn some useful information. The graphics are unbelievably stunning :tup:

My first character was a Thiefish Human type that kind of roamed around… . travelling made no sense ; ; Later discovered the map and warping around :smiley:

My younger cousin got ahold of the game and we started a character as a more mage / Archer. We joined the darkbrotherhood and we had fun. We got up to level 4 and he had “left” the first guild…

My 2nd character, I just started on Sunday, is a orc warrior type with concentration on Alchemy. Their Strength is great (holds like 250) pieces of weight at the start, but their magicka and whatever is agility (?) is weak. Going the 2nd time around has been a nice breeze.

Like to point out a funny glitch in the game. Around the time we were going to join the Thieves guild, my cousin popped a bloodroot (?), which can be found inside of an oblivion gate laying around as a weed, and he boarded the pirate ship near the waterfront.

Oddly enough, they started to attack a nearby guard. After the guard took out a couple pirates, my cousin finished the rest of the pirates off. A later quest involved getting onto the ship and taking out the captain :smiley:

lol the game is strange like that sometimes… same thing happened to me sort of.

went to the waterfront district and to my supprise, there were all the pirates dead in the street lol… I was like “wtf?”

the guards were looking for armond and the pirates must of gotten in the way lol

Another funny moment. When we first discovered the BloodBrotherhood, he popped off a rat with his bow on sneak >.> Apparently they keep around a pet rat. The game then autosaved when he exited and he never saved for like 1 hour up to that point, so he had to fight a Sith, which looked like an insane fight