NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

im in, will paypal later tonight

Question for those that have gone before - Any problems getting across the border? Will we need passports?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

have you ever crossed the border?

no passports needed for canada right now.

[quote=“mav7,post:122,topic:26320"”]

Question for those that have gone before - Any problems getting across the border? Will we need passports?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

[/quote]

Passports are not required, but they make things a whole lot easier if you have them. Minimum you should have your driver’s licence.

If you have any criminal record (misdemeanor of felony), good fucking luck. Sometimes the problem isn’t getting into Canada, it’s getting back into the USA.

If you are military (present or past), bring your military ID. Piece of cake :wink:

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:123,topic:26320"”]

[/quote]

He lives in Corning, I doubt he goes over as often as most of us.

[/quote]

I crossed going for ubrf trackday last year and it was no problem going thee but comming back they questioned me about all the stuff in my trunk. i don’t think he believed I was racing my taurus then i pointed out that both sides of my car were COVERED in brake dust from the track event and he let me by. + all the melted rubber in the trunk probably helped convince him.

lol, the trailer + SUV full of tools helps get me over quick :wink:

I just checked customs requirements on the peace bridge website, and the governments travel site and it states that passports are only required for airtravel to Mexico and Canada. In January 2008 passports will be required for all points of entry. So you can wait to get a passport until 2008.

[/quote]

I’ve been to Canada probably 4-5 times in my life. It’s been about 6 months since I last went and I keep hearing rumors they are tightening down on security. I’ve never had problems but I would hate to show up or have others show up and not get in because of some stupid rule :slight_smile:

[quote=“POOPRA,post:128,topic:26320"”]

I just checked customs requirements on the peace bridge website, and the governments travel site and it states that passports are only required for airtravel to Mexico and Canada. In January 2008 passports will be required for all points of entry. So you can wait to get a passport until 2008.

[/quote]

Ahh great news Spencer! Thanks for looking that up for us.

Well, I’m going to be there in some capacity. Maybe grilling kabobs and getting drunk again, maybe driving the FD. Should be fun either way. :slight_smile:

Last year for the last track day I went with 3 month expired PA temporary license plate and had no problem getting through the border.

it depends on the bridge you use, my buddy and i went to toronto in his 525i over the lewiston bridge with just drivers licenses and they hassled us and made us pull over for 30min while they searched the car. i bet they thought we were doing a drug run or something. they let us in but “couldnt guarantee” we wouldnt have problems returning. we went to the peace bridge on the way back and the guy only asked if we were american, no probs…

hey i want to get in on this track day, im waiting back on a pm from onyx. im new to nyspeed but i remember zong telling me about it in september at solo ECCN, im interested to see what everyone brings since i thought this was mostly a “non-euro” forum. good to know there will be some b5s there

This is definitely not a non-euro forum, despite what resident asshole newman thinks about volkswagons :slight_smile:

edit: nevermind, i figured out who you are matt

you found me. now i just want to pay for this thing, lol

Do you have paypal? If not, just give me some cash and I’ll send both payments in together.

[quote=“speedracer329,post:132,topic:26320"”]

hey i want to get in on this track day, im waiting back on a pm from onyx. im new to nyspeed but i remember zong telling me about it in september at solo ECCN, im interested to see what everyone brings since i thought this was mostly a “non-euro” forum. good to know there will be some b5s there

[/quote]

well i know at least 1 B5 that will be behind a taurus the whole time :smiley:

josh, i got cho money bitch!!! lol

[quote=“Zong,post:135,topic:26320"”]

Do you have paypal? If not, just give me some cash and I’ll send both payments in together.

[/quote]

ive got paypal i just dont know where to send it, i really dont care though, if you can get my name on the list, i have cash waiting right now, let me know…

haha better polish those tailpipes if im going to be seeing them all day. are you the guy who owns the turbo SHO i saw at champagne run? my car is still f*cked up but id gladly run it at 12psi, i called GIAC yesterday bitching that i need my software no later than june, so hopefully if i can get on this thing ill be back at 26psi by trackday…

[quote=“brent_strong,post:130,topic:26320"”]

Well, I’m going to be there in some capacity. Maybe grilling kabobs and getting drunk again, maybe driving the FD. Should be fun either way. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I kinda like his idea!!! :headbang:

We are allowed to grill at the track, so if anyone wants to cookout, bring a grill and some food!

[quote=“speedracer329,post:134,topic:26320"”]

you found me. now i just want to pay for this thing, lol

[/quote]

Replied :tup:

[quote=“Blackula,post:137,topic:26320"”]

josh, i got cho money bitch!!! lol

[/quote]

Ian - do you have paypal? If so, PM me. If not, make John or Jay send me the $$.