NYSpeed Track Day #2 - August 25th @ Dunnville

Yeah I shoulda phrased that to be more like “enjoy” my new brakes not tune them… I dont’ have bias control at the moment anyhow… and they’ll be bedded in and have hopefully at least 1k miles on em by then. I may even buy another set of spare front pads.

Still need that PM with paypal info :smiley:

I was just looking for ceramic pads, and found that Friction Master only make em for the front calipers. Guess I’ll have to run some cheap Advance Auto metallics in back.

Trying to find a set of reasonably priced crossed drilled/slotted rotors+ss lines too…sets on ebay for $439…im thinkin bout it.:slight_smile:

Could come in handy with my ST Swaybars I just ordered :snky:

Pads and fluid are more important anyday. Cheap Chinese rotors are more than adaquate.

For $439 you should be able to buy a set of ss lines, two sets of rotors and two sets of Hawk Blues and still have change left over.

Buy blanks for rotors. Anything else is fucking rice. I’d even prefer blanks over GOOD drilled/slotted like Porsche makes. Simple, cheap, effective. How can you argue with that?

True, I wonder if I could just find some SS lines. Pads will be ordered Friday.

99% of X-drilled rotors are not properly designed and only give up surface

Here’s a direct link to the auction I’ve been watching.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Starion-Conquest-Brake-Rotors-Pads-Lines-F-R-Package_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ020QQitemZ300014356201QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It’s a toss up.

It’s not a toss up at all. Buy good fluid, good pads and new BLANKS for rotors if you need them. Make brake ducts if you’re worried. Slotted rotors are great for show but not much else.

Yo josh i’m in %100

finally get to test these damn tires for real.

how can i give you the money? i won’t be in town till after that date.

any spots open still or anyone selling any?

I believe there are 4 spots still open.

money sent.

Ok, since the car is dead looks like I’m going to come up in the Jeep and just hang out. I’m more than willing to ride with people who would like advice on the course/line/braking points etc. Or if anyone wants to let me take a few laps that’d be cool too :wink: Otherwise I’ll just be shooting photos :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that Mike :frowning: I was -really- looking forward to seeing you drive. Ah well, shit happens I guess. Anyway, you know you are more than welcome to take my baby around a few times!

Mike, I’d trust you with the Conquest, and I haven’t even really introduced myself yet. I saw you at the BBQ, but you were busy and I was too. I figure a basic 951 and the TSi have similiar characteristics…should be interesting :slight_smile:

Justin

His car is far from a basic 951 lol, but yeah he knows what he’s doing.

werd his car is very very very very far from the regular old 951

I’ll be sending money shortly, as soon as i know i have the day off

I know that, but I didn’t wanna say that my car is similiar to his, cause its obviously not. Anyway, I can’t wait to tear it up!

Justin

Ditto, my CV boot on my front axle decided to slice down the street instead of across :roll: ; grease all over everything. :frowning: