NYSpeed Track Day

zong you hit the cone too?

Yup I’ve got it on tape - he just tapped it though because his mirrors were folded in.

Damn that cone…

5 Mirrors on one day!

Thanks again to everyone who came out and if you’re interested in a 2nd day there, CLICK HERE (Track Day #2)

post up the vids if you can.
track day #2… i don’t think i’ll be able to make it to that one… but maybe. it would be nice if half of the people dont show up again.

yea i wont beable to make it either but thanks again onyx for making this one happen. post pics/vids wheenver u get a chance, im curious to see them

Thanks for putting this together Josh! you deserve a round of applause!

:word: thanks again Josh

My fastest lap - I stopwatched 1:19:16 on the video, Onyx Jr. on the side of the track clocked 1:19:33 for the same lap. We’ll go with the slower time since his view was more accurate.

i think my best time was 1:20:97 from what the hybrid guys told me.

^Nice! I saw you getting faster and faster especially towards the end. Stealtth did impressively well too.

yea that time came from like my 2nd last run of the night, i wish i had ur skills in the corners :stuck_out_tongue: . the s2000 guys did really good too, i was supirsed wehn i got a ride with stealth

A bunch of 1:20.xx’s (and an unconfirmed “that looked like a 19”) for me, with 138whp.

Wonder what I could do with 300bhp? Run out of track that much faster…

hehe sorrry bout that spin out, I think I scared ya :lol:
that was the my mistake on the day. came in too hot and didnt brake soon enough to down shift to second. Too much stress on hot brakes = whoops. Oh well, kept it on the track haha. I def would like to get a few mods on the car other then all stock parts with bah tires. only a month, I better get movin.

So what happend to the Hybrid car?

The track day was awesome, my audi took more abuse than I thought it would. It ripped around the track pretty good for the pig that it is. Unfortunately one of the intercooler hoses was leaking so I had to leave after my second session. I still got tons of time in though, I was out there awhile in my second session. Definately had alot of fun.

Between my car getting skinnier, the chicane getting wider and my confidance growing I was able to “thread the neddle” with the go foot planted to the floor. Even with the lack of power (compared with other cars) I was still able to get up to 100~105. I had braked, droped to third, and hit turn one more than enough times to be comfortable with it. So I started giving ride alongs.

The last time was all the same. After the chicane and coming up on my braking zone I started to brake with my heel hovering over the gas. Except this time I wasn’t scrubbing off speed. So I applied a little more brake, and then backed off a little to try for turn 1 (the skidmarks show full lock up, so either pedal feel went away or my modulation went). But there was no way I was going to make it. So instead of trying to be a hero and cut the wheel I thought I would just use the run-off.

I must have been moving pretty good because that run-off got really short, really quick. I look and there were those large bails of hay moving at me at 40-50 mph. Somebody else will have to chime in on what it looked like. I nailed one good with the driver’s side headlight and another with the rear passenger quater.

I thought it was going to be like hitting a brick wall. Fortunately that was not the case. Both Andy and myself walked away unharmed. Myself, I have only the smallest little marks from my harness and a sore neck/upper back. For the car the damage was relatively minimal, and was able to drive.

good times, thanks josh for setting it up…track day #2 i may be able to make as well…

as for the accident at the end, what a way to leave the track :lol:

glad we both walked away from it ok, pissed thta none of the 34957498759 cameras there were running for it…but whatever, and also glad damage to the car is minimal…

i thought i was gonna get out of it with the small headache i had right after from my helmet hitting the cage, but i was wrong…all day i have been, and still am, sore around the neck/shoulders/back…

fairgentleman owes me a backrub :wink:

Well this is my first post. My name is ian, some know me and some dont. I was there with the black 1984 rx-7. I also hit the damn cone but just scratched my mirror…i was lucky. My car took a lot of abuse but held up like a champ. I had a blast. i ran a timed lap of 1:25 ish. that lap was when i saw 2 black skid marks go off the road and saw the hay barrier all messed up and didnt know what was going on. Im glad everyone was okay. the stoooooks and sti’s were fast as hell, so was hybrids car…until the BOOM. even though they were fast, mine still spits fire so mines better!! haha jk…anyway looking forward to track day #2, count me in.

hey man welcome to the board and nice rx7. i was very impressed with how it held up all day and took the cones beating haha.

i was standing in the pit when u crashed fairgentleman and it looked like you had tire blow out from so much smoke, you shot into those bailes of hay fast tho and tossed them like they were ntohing haha

oh i do have one complaint i have to voice about yesterday at the track…

WHY WEREN’T YOU TAPING when i chased down the Porsche turbo and he had to pull over to let me by lol…damn that was such an instand boner, even though he was probably just doing feeler laps…

edit:

Anyone have pics from the event? I heard mike was taking some pics and I needed a hot pic of the s2k in action :slight_smile:

^^^ yea i hope we get some pics or vids soon :smiley: