NYSpeed Under New Ownership… and Construction!

There has been a lot of confusion about the status of the forum and the revised role that Bing and I play on NYSpeed. This post is meant to let everyone know what’s going on.

NYSpeed was formally acquired by Bing and I in May of this year. Howie (Daddy) is obviously still here, but as most of you know, he hasn’t had the time to manage and develop the forum over the past few years. With a major role played by Mike (tpgsr) we will bring significant improvements to the layout, functionality and overall experience delivered by NYSpeed.com to you and yours.

The short term vision is to take NYSpeed.com from it’s current incarnation, essentially just being a regional web forum, and through focused refinement and key partnerships, establishing NYSpeed as the keystone web community for all things automotive in this little corner of the country.

You may have noticed some slight changes already (classifieds prefixes, etc) as we’ve been working on a bunch of things behind the scenes. Some of these things include: • New forum skin / style. NYSpeed has always been a skeleton of a vB forum so we have developed a new and more dynamic skin that will give NYSpeed the unique and ‘interactive’ feel it has always deserved.
New forums and forum layout. We’re consolidating and adding sections that will improve the forum’s layout and that will continue to accommodate the varied, yet maturing interests of the community while maintaining an automotive base.
New tools, features and heightened exposure for NYSpeed sponsors & vendors is of primary concern of course. NYSpeed members will be able to find information about vendors and sponsors with much more ease. Those who wish to advertise on NYSpeed will be able to promote themselves more effectively than ever before.
New moderation goals and clearer objectives. All of the moderators are on board and as I’m sure you’ve noticed we don’t have any Jr. Mods anymore (it was one of the first changes we made.) The current staff has a clear mission and will work with us to make this place even better!
The Onyx Syndicate will continue to provide unique and exciting auto-culture opportunities to you all, but will now work in harmony with NYSpeed.com and its partners to expand the scope and scale of these opportunities.
You’ll start to see these and other things soon!

We thank you for you patience as we make some updates. You may notice slower than normal speeds or site interruptions at times, but these are only temporary as we finish our work.

If you are a current NYSpeed advertiser, please contact Bing and / or myself via PM so that we can get all of your updated contact information. All current vendor terms have essentially expired and we are working to tie up all the loose ends before re-launching vendor packages. We will be in touch with current and past vendors when the time is right.

Once things are in place, if you have questions feel free to PM any of the Admin as we’re all constantly in contact. However, in general, we’ll be breaking up the workload as follows:

PM Mike (tpgsr) for forum technical information and questions.
PM Bing (bing) for vendor account information and questions.
PM Myself, Josh (Onyx) for everything else.

Please continue to use the site suggestions forum and let us know what’s working and what isn’t!

Howie, Mike, Bing, Myself & the rest of the NYSpeed staff look forward to making this place even better!

Perfect. I’ll post it up tonight so Mike can start on the bigger stuff :tup:

Thanx

:tup:

woot

rock on

le sigh

I really like the simple feel of the forum. You guys gonna pimp the forum out with ads too?

ah, gl

nice

Cool hope to see good things :slight_smile: Thank you for taking on this task I was getting curious as to what the future of this forum was going to be or what direction.

I’ve been drinking beers while organizing my e30 parts list fs thread for e30 forums and I’ve clicked on nyspeed like 5 times and seen that message every time and every time thought “oh the site is down I’ll come back later” until I wasn’t retarded and read it and clicked “here.”

sounds like fun

this is why we cant have nice things ?

:slight_smile:

cool, thx

In.

Good stuff :tup: