o2 sensor socket

Where can I find a good o2 sensor socket? I bought one from Advanced, but whenever I torque on the sensor to remove it, the socket literally opens up and starts to slip. Before I go driving around looking for a solid, strong socket, I’m hoping someone here knows right where to get one. Thanks.

Snap On

Anywhere local?

o2 sensors are a normal size as far as i know, ive never had any probvs pulling an o2 with the shit in my toolbox

if the old sensor is junk, cut the wires and use a normal socket, then install the new one with the “proper” style socket

^^^I’ve done that before, just wanted to avoid doing it again.

i bought mine at autozone… gotten a lot of use out of it, hasnt dont me wrong yet. -try craftsman? thats a pretty good bet if u dont have a snap on account.

i just tried to use one on my malibu… but the sensor is too long for the socket… :frowning: any help?

i prefer the open end wrench…its big and long and has plenty of torquing power…i found the socket itself to be a pain under teh maxima

hey supry nice new lock on the toolbox, all of roadshop loves it :tup:

:needpic:…thats for you Boost Man

go to sears hardware and take the sensor with you. they will find the exact size.

nah he’s talking about the socket with the slit up the one side for the wire to come out of.

there great except be careful using a impact gun as the wires and connector whip around :slight_smile:

oh, i see. i always use a box wrench and a hammer.

mine is in next to the firewall and very hard to get to… i cant get a wrench on it, and a snap on o2 sensor socket is too short of a socket to get to the actual hex’ed part of the sensor… what do i do now?

drop the exaust down for easier access?

the flange is still to big to get a wrench on it… anywhere i can get a deeper o2 socket?

how much are they?

I ended up just cutting off the wires of the old one and just using a regular deepwell on it. I used the o2 socket to put the new one on.

my o2 socket wont even help me put the new one on as it isnt deep enough

try this one. http://www.mactools.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNum=POSW500 I have a sensor socket from MAC that’s open ended w/ a 3/8 drive offset on one side. It’s worked everywhere for me. I can’t seem to find a pic though. I Believe Advance is carrying a Sensor Socket set that has a similar one. The set also has sockets for oil pressure sensor and a few others as well.

mind if i borrow yours for about 20 minutes… im gonna go to sears with it tommorrow if they have the tool im just gonna buy it, if not its nice to have the option…
thanks