Obama phone and other BS

This ruined my day…enjoy

LOL “I get that disability”

BS is right. I have been seeing so much of this stupid shit in the right-wing nonsense circles. You know that the “Obama phone” program was started by Ronald Reagan right?

This is why they’re calling it obamaphone. It’s not because he invented the program.

Yes actually I do. I didnt title the video.

The real problem is how people will vote for someone just because they bought them a phone, just because the other guy bashed big bird, just because of skin color. This country is on a downward spiral and people have their heads in their ____

Ive been saying this since the last election… Sadly, I think the greatest portion of voters saw their ultimate decision coming down to the Black guy vs the guy running with the woman. The only thing this country needs more than a multi-party system is literacy tests for voting again. You shouldnt have the right to vote just because you breathe, you should have to understand what youre voting for.

I still think all these problems can be solved by going with a popular vote. The voice of the popular opinion can out weight highly populated low income states that always vote one way. I don’t like Romney but he did put it right, with so many people living off the government and now getting free stuff, there is not much he can do to get them give that up.

While people complain that the rich people are scamming the system, the low class people also have the system figured out for their own benefits.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

What other rights do you want the government to regulate as well? Right to vote is a basic law in the bill of rights… you now want to limit that and allow government to say who can and can’t vote?

Popular vote is a terrible idea. Politicians would only care about the major cities and the rest of the country would be ignored.

Contrary to popular belief those founding father guys were kinda smart about stuff like this.

Hell the founding fathers didn’t even want senators elected by popular vote. They were selected by state legislatures until 1913.

Our founding fathers would not have put up with all the BS thats going on here. They would go to war and die if need be.

People now a days wont even protest due to fear / being comfortable (they will miss their smart phones and tv).

I will partially agree. If anything, I wish they would separate our electoral votes and not just give them all to the popular vote winner.

As opposed to now where states like NY, California, and Texas are ignored completely but Iowa, New Mexico, and New Hampshire have Presidential visits every week or two? Small states already get undue representation in Congress. One man, one vote. Your vote shouldn’t count less based on where you live.

For every voter that votes for Obama because they got a free phone, or because he’s black, there’s one that voted against him because of race, god, or hatred of gays. There are idiots on both sides. And the “undecided voters” may be the biggest idiots of all.

Your vote doesn’t matter either way.

my vote counts :lol:

I’m not sure that you understand the impetus for the American Revolution. Military occupying your cities and massacring citizens, systemic inescapable debt, taxes enacted as punishment to coerce obedience, and zero representation in government so no possibility for redress of grievances. Even then revolution was far from a foregone conclusion. Many many many colonists preferred to stay loyal than to fight a war.

As long as we still elect the people, directly or indirectly, who make the laws we are a long way from a justifiable violent revolt.

“Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Move to Nebraska or Maine.[COLOR=“Silver”]

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

That is so awesome it is scary.

Jam that video is funny

Jon that video is scary. It backs what if been saying for a while.
IMO its pick your poison. Both suck, vote for the one that sucks less. Cant get any worse then who we have now…WELL I HOPE NOT

Well, yeah. Dems and repubs are exactly the same, plus or minus a little gay marriage. Both will expand the federal government, both will expand the debt, both will steal civil liberties in the name of protection, both will conduct war on foreign soil for light and transient causes, both will spend American resources and lives protecting Israel, etc etc etc.

That’s why most political debates amount to rhetoric. There is no fundamental difference between our supposed “two” party system.

OK that’s enough politics for me today.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I’ll agree with you there. :tup:

Minus the military occupation killing citizens this sounds a lot like politics in NY if you live outside of NYC.