Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize...

President should = diplomat.

Yeah, but I would like the President to get other things done as well. That has yet to happen, but what does that matter? After all, he is obviously the coolest kid in school.

What a steaming pile of horsehit. I guess the world will be more peaceful when the US is reduced to a broke welfare state like most of Europe. Then, Iran, Islamofascists, and the Chinese will be able to do whatever they want.

The most outrageous, ridiciulous thing I have heard in a long time.

“All he’s accomplished was to get elected.”

Well, umm, yeah. His election replaced a foreign policy of aggression and warmongering with one of peace and diplomacy. Hence the Nobel Peace Prize. Duh. :gotme:

I guess the confusion comes from the fact that really the American people deserve the prize for electing the guy that promised to stop bombing everything that moves.

Obama’s just an elected official. The American people took the action that won the prize, but he’s our point man so his name goes on it.

Clearly the committee missed last weeks SNL episode.

I am not big on Obama…but I am pretty sure he is NOT the reason this country’s economy is in the shitter.

yeah, making the world like us more isn’t important at all.

and good thing the US wasn’t completely fucked in every way from the prior 8 years before he even took office, otherwise he’d have quite the mess to clean up.

:cky:

Ron Paul should have won(The troops would have been home by now) but I guess the people just do what the corporate media tells them to do.:slight_smile:

Maybe not, but his policies have ensured that the country is going to be broke for the foreseable future.

In the first independent analysis of Obama’s budget proposal, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office concluded that Obama’s policies would cause government spending to swell above historic levels even after costly programs to ease the recession and stabilize the nation’s financial system have ended. Tax collections, meanwhile, would lag well behind spending, producing huge annual budget deficits that would force the nation to borrow nearly $9.3 trillion over the next decade – $2.3 trillion more than the president predicted when he unveiled his budget request just one month ago.

Although Obama would come close to meeting his goal of cutting in half the deficit he inherited by the end of his first term, the CBO predicts that deficits under his policies would exceed 4 percent of the overall economy over the next 10 years, a level White House budget director Peter R. Orszag yesterday acknowledged would “not be sustainable.”
The result, according to the CBO, would be an ever-expanding national debt that would exceed 82 percent of the overall economy by 2019 – double last year’s level – and threaten the nation’s financial stability.
“This clearly creates a scenario where the country’s going to go bankrupt. It’s almost that simple,” said Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.), the senior Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, who briefly considered joining the Obama administration as commerce secretary. “One would hope these numbers would wake somebody up,” Gregg said.

Spending money to get out of a poor economic state? UNHEARD OF!!!

I do like Ron Paul. He’s just about the only republican left that actually knows why he calls himself a republican. The troops probably would be home by now if he had won (and the dow would be at 3000 and unemployment would be at 50%) but did he actually accomplish anything?

And whos opinion matters as to 75% of whats discussed on any forum? Thats what this is, a discussion and when it comes to Obama, its never one that you know when to sit on your hands (despite the fact that you generally always do have something insightful to say regarding other topics). Youd defend this guy if he insisted we searched for alternative energies in the sun and made peace with slugs on Jupiter. This is one situation that CLEARLY political.

Defend him when people go off tangent in this thread, but frankly, there is nothing to say about the topic at hand here other than wow.

For every one of me there are 10 that are the opposite. No matter what this guy does/doesn’t do/gets awarded/doesn’t get awarded, they bitch bitch bitch. If the guy cured cancer tomorrow, blue eyed devil would bitch that his cure cost too much money, or was really a conspiracy to kill rich people.

I wish I could get a check from the lotto for a winning ticket I may or may not purchase in the future.

Werd, we totally need to push our ideals on more people. We need to abolish everything that isn’t American.

America, FUCK YEAH!

http://forexforums.dailyfx.com/blogs/ed-ponsi/attachments/177d1223571234-when-central-banks-attack-team-america-world-police.jpg

Oh wait… that’s why the rest of the world was angry with us in the first place. Hrm… big change :rolleyes:

I would take back my “he has done nothing to deserve this award” if he cured cancer. I hope that makes you feel a little better.

He meant like as in make the world care for us, not resemble us :rolljerk:

lol in another year or two when hte economy smooths out and healthcare goes away (win or lose) he’s going to go after your guns. Save your hate for then. :tup:

oh, I guess he should have said that then

Do you mean according to that scenerio or in real life(not getting elected)?

Anyway, yeah the country would have taken it’s terrible tasting medicine to cure it’s self inflicted illness of gluttony and would be on the road to recovery AND be much more competitive in the world market. It is funny how actually knowing what hunger is can make you more competitve. Hunger and competition go hand in hand, ask any competitor.

What is happening now will only make the hunger more severe later. Severe hunger kills.

I’m just asking what he has accomplished that is deserving of the Nobel Prize. I don’t know much about him, and he’s been around a long time…