Obama's War v. PBS

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/obamaswar/

They have a 25 min. preview of the oct 13th airing of “Obama’s war” available online. I just watched the first 5 minutes and it is intense, I will leave it at that.

that just showed me how amazingly well HBO did with the series Generation: Kill…
Unfortunately, Lance Cpl Sharp is actually dead, not just acting. Heavy shit.

Excellent documentary!!!

do you guys think that people will actually care about afganistan?

good docu for sure… but i still don’t think many people understand why anyone is fighting over there and you need that to understand before you can care.

war is hell.
I got into more firefights in Iraq however Afghanistan is much more dangerous. I’ll take a fire fight in Iraq over a fire fight in Afghanistan any day of the week.
I’m glad I’m done with that shit.

that’s just insane. I watched another documentary a while back, and it pointed out that even though the local soldiers aren’t as well equipped as the US soldiers, most of them are already war-hardened and extremely experienced… which is a huge step up from the large majority of the fresh US soldiers that have never even seen a dead body, let alone been the cause of one.

while true US soldiers are MUCH better trained. Those experienced soldiers they talk about are much fewer and further between than they let on. They’re used for other purposes.
Afghani special forces. the COPs (civil order police) … the battalion of COPs I works with were from a village that kept the taliban out by themselves. Pretty good upstanding guys actually. Had a lot to do with the village and area they came from though.
An unwritten rule of operation get behind the afganis is standard practice.

bump, looking forward to this tonight

Just came on here to remind everyone.

It was pretty good… i just wish it would be an on-going documentary… there’s only so much information that can be packed into just 1 hour.

I agree, being the US’s longest war, there is a lot to talk about. It will certainly be interesting how this all turns out and what Obama decides to do in the next few weeks.

Great watch, gave me some great insight

Not really sure why it’s “Obama’s War” but good documentary nonetheless. I recently watched this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc8w0IX4UQc&feature=channel_page

Good look into what our troops are dealing with.