OBD II motor in OBDI car

ok, so idunno if this is in the right forum but here it goes. I am putting a d16y8 motor into a 92 hatch. My question is, what will i have to do in order to convert the motor to obdI? i have and old motor from the obdI car. i already have the alternator swapped, and i will be swapping the injectors. What else is needed to do? will all the sensors plug up, or should i swap em from the old motor? should i just splice the harness into the new plugs? im a little confused and some insight from some experienced guys would be great. coughcough** zerodaze coughcough**

from what i can see its just the alternator and distributor that would need to be swapped, is this right?

what wiring harness are you using? use the respective parts( alt, starter, etc…) to what harness you are using, i just did a obd2 gsr into an eg hatch, all the changes i had to do were changing the power source for the iab, and switch pins a17 and a20 on the ecu. Look on honda-tech there shoud def be a write up on that swap.

why not use the obd2 harness…isnt it the same shit…?
Just use an obd1 ecu…IN your case i think a p28 should do the trick…
Not sure though…

You can also find info @ http://www.hondaswap.com

Good luck!

i dont have an obd2 harness, im trying to work with what i have. will swapping alt dizzy and injectors do the trick?

oh yikes, yeah ur gonna ahve to swap a lot of things over then…

edit: prob a better investment to buy a converted harness or a obd2 one

are pretty much all the sensors different on the obd2 harness? im not tryin to be a cheapass or anything, i would just rather work with what i have

there are just more sensors on the obd2 motor
see what im saying?

so if iget an obd2 engine harness, will it just plug into the obd1 plugs that are hanging in the engine bay?

it is plug n play with the strut tower harnesses one on the pass side wont plug in, but thats ok, the 3 that need to be plugged in plug in…

and what about the last one? will i have to splice n solder?

There are 4 plugs on the obd2 engine harness…correct me if im wrong…
all you need is the 3 big ones…The little one with the 3 wires doesnt need to be plugged…
Now i forgot how i did mine…BUt i think you can go online find the schematics or whatever thats called… and rewire those 3…
Not too sure…

YOu might get an engine code…Or you might get lucky like me and not get shit…
I dont have that plug hooked up to anything in my civic…so i guess you dont need it as long as you have an obd1 ecu…

sweet, yeah im a cheapass, but this is sounding like the better way to go, thanks guys!

Nothing wrong with being cheap…
shit…Look at me…I went and rewired my ef hatch front to back just to make it obd1… didnt want to spend 100 bux on a harnesss…
Now thats being cheap…But hey…It worked…lol…

Good luck Dude…