OCTOBER SNOW STORM OF 06 ALL SNOW RELATED POSTS GO HERE and ONLY here

Wow, a lot of you all had power for a long time… . I lost it at 6PM last night. Pretty intense night, and awful morning.

No power, no water, nothing. All morning, I was out with my chainsaw helping clear the street, cleaning up the mess… tons of fun, especially since “going inside to get warm” meant walkiing into a house that was only 55 degrees.

So, my house won’t have power and I decided that I better head towards Niagara Falls. At the moment, I’m sitting at Dunkin Donuts, looking at all the other peoples pics, and just remember the intensity of the day.

From cleaning off the heavy snow from the back awning (SP?) to doing bucket bragade for the water in the basement (none on the floor thank god, just raising water in the sump pump) then, shoveling the driveway… but wait, 25 foot branches from the tree that is now decimated and destroyed forever sitting in the way?! Sure, let me get my chainsaw. “Hey nieghbor, can you help me with that?” “Sure! help me move these branches?” So, for 6 hours, the neighborhood worked together one after another clearing the street, and talking about the whole thing sadly. Every tree, the treeline above the houses, all gone. What an incredible day.

Finally, my car lowered, my summer Falken Azenis ST615s still on my car… I choose “I am outta here” and get in loaded up with whatever I can think of needing for a week, and head out to Niagara Falls. Now, I’m here… talking with all the other people that stop in Dunkin Donuts, asking about their daily adventures, discussing things… and they all want to check their email on my laptop.

Great day. But, I hope everyone that is at their houses still stay warm, and realizes how they won’t have power or anything for a few days at least. Be safe :slight_smile: