Off road meet?4-4-08

So when is the next one?:smiley:

I think I saw the brown bronco today as I was pulling out at tift. I went back there to check it out, Haven’t been there in awhile. I was in the blue f150

lol yeah that was me i seen you staring. lol i was thinking i hope they dude aint going to call the cops.

lol,That was you?Shoulda brought that thing on in.

o yeah forgot about that guy on friday.lol. we where all like what the hell is he staring at.lol

Yeah I looked and was thinking I know Ive seen that thing somewhere lol.

you should hae came in.

So whens the next time were going out man?

We gotta get the Ford plant.Maybe we should start a thread for the next Off Road meet and see where people want to meet up at.Or if they have anywhere else they know.

FUCK i so need to get off my ass and get my jimmy going :frowning:

Yes please do.The more the better!

What year Jimmy?And what does it need?Maybe I can help?I work for a dealer so I can get some parts.

Im down for what ever. just went thru the truck fixed and topped off everything it needed, suprisingly it wasnt nothing. except an air filter.lol.

Yes get that damn thing running.

Well my work has me from 7am to 4pm Mon-Fri now.So anytime after 4:30 during the week is good.Weekends I am free as long as the wife isn’t working.

I was thinking about taking my wife’s friend tonight.She really wants to go and has never been before.

let me know. 578-4405. it was swampy yesterday, hopefully it didnt dry up at all.

also if someone wants to hitch along to take pics let me know.

Its in the Sig

1988 GMC Jimmy 4x4 GYPSY

Basically The Gypsy was GMC’s rather rare sport package This truck is fucking loaded for 1988

Options are 2.8L v6 (Blown, thats why i need to get it running)
Full Air conditioning
Factory Sunroof
GM Factory Z71 Off road package with factory bilstein shocks, fender flares (small), heavy duty suspension and a locking rear axle with front and rear gear ratios of 4.11
4wd
Power windows
Power locks
Rare optional Gauge cluister

Did I mention is a southern truck with virtually no rust? and has been undercoated and maintained regularly?

You name it for 1988 this trucks got it and i picked it up for 400 Bucks.

I have a running 2.8L Wrapped in plastic sitting in the back and it needs the little odds and ends a 20 year old truck needs (like trim pieces and interior pieces and a new front bumper and tow hooks :P) Im contemplating going with a 3.4 block actually (direct swap for the 2.8 and its more cubes, which = more power)

heres some pics from the previous owner

Plans are

1.) get it running
2.) 2 inch lift
3.) Motor Mods to get a bit more power
4.) new tires
5.) odds and ends

sooner or later when i get the chance to work on it, if anyones willing to lend a hand id toss in free pizza and beer for the help :smiley:

Nice truck indeed.When you gather parts as long as I am free I’ll bring over some tools and a 12pack and help ya out.Just let me know.

For tires I recommend going with the cooper discover ST.Great tire.It’s what I am running on my ZR2 and it slings mud.

i remember that posting.lol.

I will help out too.

Those coopers are nice. i dont think my tires come under 30’s.

Did ya end up going?:

yup.

whats up cory i joined:wave: and i broke my truck again:wtf: go figure