OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

SIGH…

the saga continues!! 8 FTW

I AM OFFICIALLY RETIRING AS A FAN

but the tried so hard!

really

no. trying hard is for fucking losers.

They were on point for most of the game. Keeping the Sens in scoring range is tough when you’re down a couple of hot scorers, and playing your backup (who stood on his head 90% of the game).

Fucking sucks that it ended that way though. Gah.

They’ll slide into the playoffs…7th seed going in hot is my prediction

ughhhhh :frowning: :tdown:

lol I like to hear the sound of the bandwagon crashing…good get off and stay off!!!

I love the sound of the “the Sabres will always be the best team in hockey” talking like they know anything about hockey.

Acknowledging that the team has a serious problem is not bandwagon hopping. It isn’t 10 games in anymore where you can just talk about how they’ll come around. The season is half over and they’re still playing below playoff level. Everyone thought the Vanek, Roy, Stafford/Afinogenov line could be a #1 line and still put up the same points they did as a #2 line. Everyone thought the return of Timmy C would replace the loss of Briere. Everyone thought the Rochester callups or one of the veterans would just step up their game and someone would replace Drury.

None of that happened. Against the top D lines the pretty passing of V,R,S/A gets picked off before the play can develop. Timmy has played ok but he hasn’t earned the right to lift Briere’s jock strap this year. The cupboards in Rochester must be looking pretty bare if you keep dressing Peters every night. And finally, you don’t replace a guy like Drury. He’s been a winner and a leader all his life, the caliber of which doesn’t just step up from someone who hasn’t been a leader all his life.

:smash2:

:word:

i would like to disagree on one point - while timmy has produced assists, he has the same amount of goals as clarke macarthur, who has played about 1/4 of the games connolly has - 5 goals. i need more out of a top centerman.

ugh on vanek being alone in front of the net with the puck and missing completely

Please get rid of Peters and keep Kaleta

Please keep Clark Mcarther

^ i litteraly yelled at the tv that vanek’s ass should be fired.

also, there is no reason for anyone to get excited at all when he has a break away, he is like 1/30

same when we get a power play :smiley:

yea i agree with keep kaleta, rid of peters, and macarthur is really stepping up , he has a 3 game point streak now? or 4?

vanek sholda scored but im glad he made up for his shit penalty shot by scoring his last nite

ill never retire as a sabres fan!

at least we got a point though last nite, i dont think we played that bad, i thought it was an exciting game actually, lots of action and goose was the man in that fight, well done

lol no shit… he may have taken a few more shots, but he definitely got the better of neil lol looked like he busted his nose up pretty good heading to the bench

holy shitty goals ftw

There is no reason Kaleta should not replace Peters in the lineup permanently.

I dont care if he is a good voice in the room.

^^agree x94759283579327583

and how many chances will vanek have in front of the net…and hit it wide or too high?

Thomas Post Vanek…:frowning:

I am out of retirement just like Jay Z, Michael Jordan, and Bret Favre!

:slight_smile: