OFFICIAL '08 Nissan GTR Thread *now with test results*

It won’t sell seriously?
I hope that is a joke

It is a 6 speed dual clutch system that can shift in 0.2 seconds.

The 430 Scuderia has a electro-hydraulic F1 gearbox. I bet those won’t sell either.

What you perfer and what the public will buy are not a direct correlation.

they wont sell…

hahhahahaha

i gaurantee you cant buy one for $10k over list for another year and a half.

it just blows me away that this costs less than the zr1

you just get so much more car

At least you can mod the ZR1

Why, can’t you mod a GTR?

I thought nissan doesn’t allow dealer markup on the GTR?

Lets see, you cant use different wheels without throwing a code.

Touch the intake and it will freak out.

Changing the exhaust will throw a code.

They are trying to make it tuner proof, where as the old school skylines were tuner havens.

and I too would rather have a stick, even if it shifts slower, its more fun.

They said using aftermarket rims threw a code.
It does on some GM vehicles as well, unless you install tire pressure monitors on the aftermarket rims.

Maybe the intake and exhaust is to increase Nismo sales by limiting it to their own products.

I enjoy manual as well, but it won’t limit sales. I enjoyed my Tiptronic on the Audi and Saab when I was city driving or stuck on an incline for over an hour and that is ancient technology compared to what they have now.

you guys are funny…

whats even more impressive is that at 3900lbs, it still ran those times.

:word:

The car hasn’t even been out for a year yet and most of the “non-tunable” issues have been worked around. Amuse already has an ECU upgrade (higher boost levels) and paired with an exhaust upgrade they’re getting 610hp on a Dynapack.

I’ll say it again; 610hp with ECU and exhaust. (About 18psi on stock turbos.)

I guess it’s too bad you can’t mod these cars :wink:

exactly, stock its only running 11.8psi and with 9:1 compression it can obviously take some more :slight_smile:

wait wait, they havent compared the ZR1 to anything yet, just the Z06. There is a huge difference there.

Appears it’s built to the hilt but it’s going to take some inginuity to get it modded without throwing codes. When all is said and done, it’s a really impressive car.

why? there is no comparison. its cheaper than a ZedOughtSix to begin with, so give me a GTR and the money left over from NOT buying a ZR1 and ill use that to get some sticky rubbers, a new exhaust and ECU and ill walk all over the ZR1 even more.

to me there is no comparison. This is HANDS DOWN the best performance achievement for the money ever built.

I’m damn impressed. Those are some sick #s. Like was posted before, especially for a 3900Lb car> I wonder what the tread wear rating on the tires is? They must be damn sticky, I don’t care how many wheel drive it has.

I too am interested to see what the ZR1 will do once its tested as well.

link to info

It’s in the new Option mag.

Here’s from before the boost increases a few weeks ago. Dyno #'s about 5:30sec in that show about 580hp (off-hand conversion);

Translation not included :wink:

They really need to get rid of that can-o-worms exhaust.

damn, 610hp with minor upgrades. This thing is an animal, I love it.

any date released as to when Top Gear will be doing the F430 vs GT-R episode? and when it may be aired?

Bad argument
Give me 70 grand and a 10 grand shell and I will build something to beat a GTR.
Give me the 100 grand difference between a lambo and a ZR1 and I will make it “better”.

Compare stock to stock or aftermarket to aftermarket