OFFICIAL '08 Nissan GTR Thread *now with test results*

Race car is hot, I will admit.

Im not sold on paddle shifters

1,500 GT-Rs per year during this model’s lifecycle wtff ffs

weren’t they calling for it to be much cheaper than this? Are they going to have sedans anymore? or just not here in the U.S.?

If anyone needs a good nissan dealer. Go to Phil Gonser at West-Herr Nissan. awesome dude. :tup:

[quote=“93z24,post:124,topic:37482"”]

weren’t they calling for it to be much cheaper than this? Are they going to have sedans anymore? or just not here in the U.S.?

If anyone needs a good nissan dealer. Go to Phil Gonser at West-Herr Nissan. awesome dude. :tup:

[/quote]

its the GTR, not the skyline. its just that model. 70k was about what they projected it to be.

pretty sure phil moved to the new honda store in lockport, if im not mistaken.

Paddle shift is not for me. If it was manual shift I’d start to care about this car.

X…

[quote=“Xander,post:126,topic:37482"”]

Paddle shift is not for me. If it was manual shift I’d start to care about this car.

X…

[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote=“EvoMR,post:127,topic:37482"”]

Agreed.

[/quote]

purists play with wood clubs also. :roll:

Kinda looks like a Colbalt from the rear.
I like the divorced engine tranny. Keeps the F/R balance close.
I bought 2 new vehicles from West Herr within the last year, maybe I’ll bribe the Sales Manager for a ride!!

i seriously doubt west herr, or really any dealers in the area will get more than one. i was working there when they had the recall on all the altimas, and we were almost last in line for getting the cars back because the dealership was so small in comparison to the rest of the country…and theyre the 2nd largest in WNY. for the most part, only barney out-sells them.

the likelyhood of just being able to go in and actually see one is slim, much less get to test drive one. unless you go in with a suitcase full of money or roll up in a maybach, you wont be test driving these.

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:128,topic:37482"”]

purists play with wood clubs also. :roll:

[/quote]

LOL! Truth!!

No one knows for sure what dealerships are getting them. All we know is that Nissan’s original intention is to bring only 1500 cars to the US in 2008… and that the pre-sale numbers in Japan have already exceed the number of cars they’re going sell there in '08…

A few updates for those that care :slight_smile:

http://www.gtr-world.net/images/top/item-id-901.jpg

Magazine ‘first drives’

… More important is that the GT-R is so preternaturally composed and planted and exciting and heroic that you get out of this huge snorting ox of a car thinking, “Am I really that good?” and then, inevitably, “Alas, I am awesome.”

Motive Magazine

… The Corvette Z06 and Dodge Viper inspire fear with their awesome performance, while the GT-R inspires nothing but confidence. In other cars you worry what might go wrong; in the GT-R you wonder what you can get away with.

Car & Driver

…The gearbox is a revelation too, its changes are so immediate it makes you doubt the 0.2 sec shift-time Nissan quotes. And going down the gears the dual-clutch GR6 transmission is just as good…

GTR World

Dealership Info:

LOS ANGELES — Potential buyers for the eagerly awaited 2009 Nissan GT-R won’t be able to pop into just any Nissan dealership to buy one. The 1,500 annual GT-Rs allotted to the U.S. market will only be sold through GT-R-certified dealers.

The certification process begins today with a letter from the automaker being sent to its 1,076 U.S. dealers outlining precisely what is required for certification. Dealers have a scant three weeks to agree to proceed through the certification process.

Higher-volume Nissan dealers who also sell a good number of Z cars will get preference.

Certified dealers also must commit to a top dealership executive serving as the GT-R salesperson, preferably with transactions taking place privately outside of the showroom, and a service manager designated just for GT-R customers. The dealership also must have certified master technicians with special GT-R training, and invest in a specially equipped service bay.

Earlier this week at the Los Angeles auto show, Nissan announced the price of the GT-R at $69,850 for the base model, and $71,900 for the Premium trim. Both prices include delivery charges.

Pre-orders begin at the first of the year, and the 2009 GT-R will officially go on sale in June.

What this means to you: If you want a GT-R — and who doesn’t? — find a dealer who sells a lot of Zs and be on their doorstep January 1.

Dealership Requirements (Click HERE)

LOL…so much for seeing one locally :stuck_out_tongue:

they should be raising the price by $10k if there will be so few over here…

mind you, it’s likely all hype to get people excited then in 2010 there will be 5000 of them…

the Canadian numbers are like fewer than 100 or something

why did they make a crappy looking 4wd vette

“transactions taking place privately outside of the showroom”

Ummm what?

There clearly is not enough hype with this car.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/automotive/newmodels/42085/?page=1

Someone needs to get one of these to Top Gear…

Bwuahahaha, reading the Speed Article, there are going to be SO MANY of these wrecked, it’s going to be hilarious.