OFFICIAL: 2008 ELECTION THREAD

I am sure he is good at giving speeches I just wondered what he had actually accomplished.
I hope we do elect a black president I was just hoping it would be Condi first.:smiley:
Why is everyone so defense, I just typed out his whole name?:gotme:
I didn’t even mention his Muslim schooling, etc.

lol don’t be coy

Why hasn’t JayS posted yet…

Even though I am anti-drug I think Dr. Paul would get my vote.
I love the fact that he wants to cut federal spending (for real).

Side note: I just heard that Iowa grows the most weed, interesting.

lol just stop.

School not a madrassa

But reporting by CNN in Jakarta, Indonesia and Washington, D.C., shows the allegations that Obama attended a madrassa to be false. CNN dispatched Senior International Correspondent John Vause to Jakarta to investigate.

He visited the Basuki school, which Obama attended from 1969 to 1971.
“This is a public school. We don’t focus on religion,” Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. “In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don’t give preferential treatment.”

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/

I don’t think that he’ll get the nod, but if he did, I’d vote for him as well (he’s actually my first pick out of the bunch). Unfortunately though, I’m not a republican so no primaries

Yeah because returning the the gold standard would be a great idea :roll:

To all the Ron Paul supporters, go look at ALL of his policies and get back to me.

On the republican side, I admittedly don’t know much about Huk, Rom & Gul policies but I will say that Huckabee’s idea to move to a consumption based federal tax is a great idea.

CNN?
LOL just stop.:stuck_out_tongue:

doesn’t matter what any1 thinks really…

hillary will win just watch…

just basic politics at this point that a repub will not win, after how people feel about that idiot bush

Obama will not win becuz he is black/half black.

i know hillary is a woman, is America ready for a woman leader?

I think so, and she has picked the right year to run*

Heh. Touche.

He lived in Indonesia for a few years during his childhood, but I can’t find any info on him studying muslim?

Ah well, I think it’d be good if he did. We’ve got such a problem with radicals that a president with solid background knowledge of the muslim religion would be useful.

lol, she’ll start a nuclear war when she can’t find her pamprin

Justify that. He just won by a significant margin in a state with only a 2% black population.

Yo he’s got a myspace. How hip. :stuck_out_tongue:

sadly, hillarys pockets just may be too deep to compete with. lets see if passion and hope can overcome greed and $

I also do not care what color he is. I think that he is the best candidate on the dem side for a variety of reasons. As for the republicans, Ron Paul is the most interesting candidate. It’s true that he is not all good, but a lot of his ideas are powerful. Too bad he is being so marginalized by the msm.

give him time to egt his blood pressure back down… and then wait for the 9 paragraph Barack is evil / Hilary is a c*nt response.

Either that or he is on his way to Illinois with a sniper rifle.

:gotme:

I think he’ll blame the Mexicans.

Conversly, what has Huck done?

it doesn’t matter what you think, and he may be the best cand.

but america won’t vote a black man president seriously…it won’t happen for atleast 20 more years or sumthing

Until voting minorities mofe to the mid west it won’t. They have the ability to take the south and don’t bother voting.