OFFICIAL: 2008 ELECTION THREAD

It’s official, McCain is the Republican nominee.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/04/march.4.contests/index.html

I guess Huckabee needs to start believing in math instead of miracles.

he was planning on Creation of a win.
I say Obama will carry texas, Hillary ohio, the delegates will offset, and we’ll end up within 20 of the margin we’re at now, with Obama pulling out by a little bit more.

I’m not counting Hilldog out in TX yet. The polls had it much closer than this first couple of percent reporting are showing.

The numbers shown so far dont mean too much, but the crazy high turnout does. Polls were close, but Obama rallied around 10 points in the last 2 weeks to make them that way. High turnout favors the candidate with the momentum. Plus the caucus portion is pretty much guaranteed to go to him, and that represents 1/3 of the delegates.

Hilldog takes Rhode Island. Stomps Obama in OH 60 to 38 but the inner city is slow to report and it’s Obama country according to CNN.

TX she’s slowly gaining ground. With this cold I doubt I’ll stay up long enough to see TX decided tonight.

Waiting for Huckabee to formally endorse McCain.

and im impatiently waiting for McCain to choose his VP.

Huckabee has said all along he would endorse the nominee.

No rush to pick a VP yet. Let Hillary and Obama keep the spotlight on their catfight.

Clinton is closing fast in TX as the reports are coming in. Only down 30k votes now.

EDIT

CNN refuses to even mention the huge surge she’s getting as the results come in. Only 15% reporting and she’s made up about 50k votes from the initial 1%.

EDIT 2
15k with 17%

Bump

26% reporting and Clinton now has a 10k vote lead.

Claiming the same thing as OH though, that Obama will carry the late reporting city areas and may still carry the state.

go to bed you sick old elephant.

Hillary takes OH CNN predicting.

I can’t believe I’m cheering for Hillary. :lol:

I just really want this to go to the convention and totally destroy the democratic party when the voters realize it’s the party of backroom deals to choose their nominee.

At this point I’m staying up less for the election coverage and more for the feeling that as soon as I get in bed and get comfortable the power is going to go out and I’m going to have to get up and get the generator running.

uggg…now we have to wait until April!!!

Good news: 1 state, 7 weeks away.

Bad news: 7 weeks of Clinton basically running McCains campaign for him

This is going to suck. 2 months of a 2 front war for Obama. Even though if the Texas caucuses play out like most others, he’ll end up with an equal number of delegates from yesterday.

The good news is if he survives it, then there won’t be anything left for them to throw at him in the general election. The bad is that the longer this goes on, the more resources both dems blow through. I really hope the party doesn’t take this election for granted, both in who we nominate and how we do it. If we had nominated a reasonably inspiring white guy early on, we could have been looking at Reagan-Mondale in reverse.

Fox News fair and balanced, that is why they don’t even show Dr. Ron Paul results.
CNN and MSNBC showed the results.
I guess it is the same reason they ignored the results of their text poll when Paul had 30%.:gotme:

So are they horse trading in a smoke filled room yet?

Seriously, get off Ron Paul’s nuts. It’s been over for him since before Super Tuesday. Just because he’s retarded enough to stay in it after getting 5% of the vote IN HIS HOME STATE doesn’t mean the news should care about him.

McCain got the number of delegates he needs, it’s OVER.

I think Hillary has an honest shot at getting the nomination. Regardless of “delegate math”, she’s won the big important states that have to be won to get the white house. This is setting up to be a crushing blow to generation Y when Slick Willy spins her enough superdelegates at the convention to get the nomination.

Which would be great because it would knock gen Y out of politics long enough that by the time they were ready to get involved again most of them would have grown up enough to become Republicans. :lol:

Sorry, it’s what I believe in.

Believe in him all you want, but acting like he’s still a player is as bad as Huckabee saying he believes in miracles over math. It’s been over for Paul a lot longer than has been for Huckabee and even Huckabee conceded last night. It’s not a conspiracy when Fox or any other news station only talked about McCain last night because he is now the official nominee.

I really would have liked to see what yesterday’s numbers would have been like had they not been open primaries. I know several Republicans that came out to vote for Hillary to try to mess with the process, and I’m not exactly popular in Ohio and Texas.

I just wanted them to post results.
I guess they decide what the news should be, not the facts.