OFFICIAL 2009-2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

I got this earlier. LMFAO. I also heard Stafford will be playing tonight. I hope he can come out and score some goals for us. Never liked him to much but he will fit better than Grier with Roy and Kennedy.

Move Grier to the 4th line, or better yet bench him. I swear he just goes out there and coasts around. Gerbe is a much better player than him.

I agree!!!

You are both forgetting his PK abilities. And you’re forgetting that this is a big man we’re talking about here. He can be very fast when he wants to be, but he just doesn’t have the endurance it seems to keep going 100% all the time. I know that’s not a good thing, but he does make his presence known on the ice and is excellent on the PK. I just wish he could bury some of his shorthanded opportunities. I will agree it looks like he’s coasting at times, he needs to step up. And he better do it soon.

That breakaway he had looked terrible. His PK ability is decent at best. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Grier and said man look at him go. He throws a couple hits, dumps the puck in and goes to the bench. I’d rather have Gerbe.

Well he scored

Am I missing something here? Where is the game on tv?

msg. The rest of the country gets to watch in hd, we get it in sd.

its a vs. game.

I think the Sabres are missing Hecht big time. They look lost, Hecht provides some movement and offensive puck control. They cannot get either going right now.

Terrible, not going anywhere in they playoffs scoring one goal. Such a pussy team

So many times I found myself saying “You fucking idiot”. They play 4 guys on the blue line, when is Connoly going to realize he can’t dance through the neutral zone and score. They need shots from the point and guys in front. Watch the Colorado/San Jose series they are running the goaltender constantly. The whole time these players are sitting around waiting for the puck to hit their tape, shoot it the fuck in. Grier was probably the best player for a change out there, Lindy must have lit the fire under his ass to get him moving.

matt ellis got crushed!!! best hit of the playoffs so far.

With the Bruins forecheck buffalo cant get shit done.They are to big compared to are team.Every time we hit them we bounce off and fall

That was one of the worst games I’ve seen all year. They are lost and frantic out there. :frowning:

I think Grier has been doing his job concerning this series so far. The goal was huge despite no production from anyone else. He leads the Sabres and maybe even the series in hits so far. 1 goal is definitely not going to do it and once again, the Sabres PP is HORRIBLE! I agree with what others are saying, they gotta get more shots if they want to score. I still believe they can pull this off.

Effort-wise. I liked last nights game a lot more than Saturday’s completely lackluster second and half of the third period. At least they seemed to be trying for the vast majority of last nights game.

The lack of physical presence is rearing its head now. It also doesn’t help that four of our top offensive players are out, or are physically not there. Vanek, and Hecht out. Connolly is DEFINITELY not 100% and Stafford surely has physical limitations as well.

Boston will take this in 6 if nothing is done to address the offensive and physical issues (which go hand in hand).

Look at Myers goal in game 2, shot from the point, screened goaltender, deflection…that’s what we need. This skate around everyone and make a sweet move at the net to beat Rask is NOT going to work and hasn’t so far. If the sabres can establish speed, do better on the forecheck setup and let shots rip from anywhere and everywhere, we’d have Boston in our pocket. Our D also needs to be a little better keeping these guys to the outside, we did it pretty well the first 82 games and it made Miller’s night a whole lot easier.

Our failure of a forecheck can be directly blamed upon our lack of physical presence. They lose the initial battle down low, lose the battle at the blueline, and that’s the end of the offensive play. I don’t see the physical-side as something that can easily be adjusted. The Sabres were built as a regular-season hockey team. Playoff hockey ≠ Regular season hockey.

As much as it pains me to say, Bruins in six.

How many no look behind the back passed directly to Boston players did you see Sabres make last night? The cutesy shit has to stop.

How many times did Connolly, Stafford, Myers and Pominville try to skate the puck into the zone only to get stood up at the blue line?

How many times did you watch Boston’s supposedly bigger strong guys out hustle our small fast wingers to pucks in the corner when there was a race?

How can you let the same guy who took Vanek out in the prior game absolutely level Ellis and do nothing?

Remember that? That’s how men respond. Right now we’re watching men play a little boys league.