OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

haha lets hope that happens again tonight to mcgrattan and then someone goes after neil and ends his season.That was such a dirty hit and pisses me off when ever i hear any news about drury because its only bad news.Cant wait for tonight.I wonder what goalie will start for either team.

ruff fined 10k, nobody else got anything.

NHL sucks

[quote=“BuickGN,post:3002,topic:25170"”]

ruff fined 10k, nobody else got anything.

NHL sucks

[/quote]

thats gay! didn’t the other coach approach lindy first? :rant:

such bullshit. i am watching the game on dvr again and i dont know how they can justify that being the only fine/action that results from this. ugh thats terrible

edit: and after watching it again. i used to see peters as a waste of space on the team. yeah he came out and fought, yeah he was an “enforcer” but i never looked at him like i did tonight. the kid did his JOB and protected his team. he would have taken on all of ottowa if he could have lined them up one by one. huge respect for him.

lol at razor trying to cover up the mic when lindy was weaving his tapestry of curses.

the nhl should be ashamed of itself for not doing ANYTHING with neil…this just opens the door to a whoooooooooooooooole nother can of worms tonite.

as much as i would like to be “the better team” and not let anything get out of control…on the other hand i want to just go out and not worry about finding the back of the net so much as just put a hurting on every single one of the sens. send a message out to the whole nhl that we might be a finesse team, but you cant push us around either. i want to see senator blood tonight

i hope so. kaleta meets neil, neil meets ice. that is what i’m hoping for

Lindy’s fine is understandable, but not fining Neil is fucking pathetic. The hit itsel wasn’t exactly dirty, but running him from the side/back was.

I doubt there will be anything more than a couple fights tonight and some hard hitting. Peters vs McGratton and possibly Mair vs. Neil.

He was actually fined for putting his “tuff” guys out there.

He wasn’t fined for putting them out there, he was fined for admitting to saying “run em’”. Putting them out there is okay, telling the players to “go out and run em” isn’t.

Either way, I heart Lindy even more for doing that.

what i dont get is that there are “enforcers” in the NHL. It has always been that way. Otherwise people like Peters would never be in the league cause clearly he isn’t that great of a player. I know that, the NHL knows that. WTF.

heres Mancari fighting darcy tucker in a preseason game from this year. Doesnt look like a crazy fight but the 1 punch that did land cut tucker up.

looks like he’s the man for the job tonight

from a cut he had a day before… still though, he looks like hes got some screw loose, which is what we need :slight_smile:

Thats bullshit that they fine lindy , and do nothing to neil or the senators coach. I hope there is some serious bloodshed tonight , and the blood coming from neil and mcgrattan.Gonna be a great game/brawl i cant wait.

you do realize, the act of revenge always gets penalized right?

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:3015,topic:25170"”]

you do realize, the act of revenge always gets penalized right?

[/quote]

itl be worth it , they deserve being put in their place , esp neil who in every game always hits cheap and thinks hes a tough guy, someone better knock some more of his and heatleys teeth out tonight.

is any one going out tonite to watch the game im going to the bsg it should bve a sweet game

a few of my friends from work got tickets for like 100$ each or something and set out for ottawa late last night lol

sweet should amazing to be there ill have to settle for being stuck in buffalo

Plain and simple, Neil didn’t get fined because as the rules are written he didn’t do anything wrong. The NHL doesn’t protect their players. Unless its an elbow or stick, Neil had nothing to worry about. They won’t fine him for interference and according to the rules, thats the only rule he broke. Yes, he hit him when Drury no longer had the puck and in the head, but unfortunately there is no rule that protects a players head. There should be, there just isn’t.

EDIT: The NHL does protect players, but only if your name is Crosby or Ovechkin.