**Official DEER Hunting Thread.**

So i just got my license, turkey, muzzle, big, small game. I went to DICK’S and got some new boots, digital camo, etc. I am gonna use my Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight " Dearslayer" shotty. I also just bought a BSA red dot sight. I have my new boots on right now breaking them in. So who else cant wait to go hunting, and what are you hunting for???

i’m ready, bow is sighted in, i had my arrows redone with the new 2" parabolic fletching, shotgun is ready to go (usually is), muzzle loader also ready, new scope on and sighted in, all my hunting clothes have been washed in scentless carbon safe laundry detergent and dried with “earth” scented dryer sheets and reay to hang outside, treestands are in place, alternate climber is ready to go… yeah i’m ready

I haven’t even looked at my shit yet lol. I have a mossberg 835 with a scope. The thing is ridiculously accurate. I use Lightfield Hybrid 1.25 oz. slugs. They are a little higher brass than normal slugs and hit like a freight train, but they are soooo accurate with my gun. Only drawback is they are like $9.75 a box :(.

I cannot wait for bow season to open…I’ve been shooting my bow (high country carbon, dual cam) a couple times a week and feel pretty confident with it. I’m shooting Gold Tip XL’s with artificial feather fletchings and switched to 75 grain muzzys this year from my 100 grain muzzy’s last year. Shotgun season doesn’t really get me pumped anywhere near as much as bow season. For gun season I have a Mossberg 500 with a rifled barrel and shoot Winchester Super X 3" sabots. Expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Gun season consists of me going out opening day, and the following weekend, maybe. :lol:

shotgun only for me… and i can’t wait… i’ve told my father i would for the past 6 years i would go with him… and this time I’m gonna go with him

1st week FTMFW!!!

My dad has an Ithaca 37 with a 20" barrel and no recoil pad. It is a fuckin cannon. You dont squeez that trigger unles you know damn well whatever is gettin hit is gonna drop flat where it stands lol.

I wish I was out hunting. If anyone has excess venison, I have freezer space. :wink:

Same here. I have had no time to go in the last 10 years, but now i have off weekends, and i cant fuckin wait.

this thread makes me miss my bow :frowning: I should go get a new one sometime

OT: came home at like 4am this morning, and sitting right in front of my parking spot was a huge buck and a doe. I got out of the car, headlights shining on them still (auto headlights)… they looked at me, then started fucking lol

I giggled

Check out www.deersearch.org Hope you don’t need us, but don’t be afraid to call if you do.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/deercula/DSIcard.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/deercula/10pt.jpg

I haven’t hunted in 2 years…maybe I should bring the bow out of retirement and do a little archery hunting this year.

i deer hunt with an apple and a hammer…

works best in public parks too, where deer are a bit more comfy around and use to people…

I dont use a shotgun or bow, i use a G3. .308s take them down real nice

lol… use the apple as bait @ the bottom of the tree… then donk 'em in the head with a hammer when close enough?

Where do you hunt them at? to my knowlage, only place in NY that you can hunt with a centerfire rifle is the Aderondacs.

There is also State land that allows it down near utica

oh and having friends with private land ftw

In Cattaraugus, & Allegany counties you can use a rifle. READ the regulations that you get with your license.

well bow season starts sat is everyone ready. i decided to buy a new sight for my bow. i ended up getting the G5 Optix ME, what an amazing sight. tuned in my broadheads yesterday. i am consistently grouped in the size of a medium apple at 55 yards. i am going to take my floating pin further but have not yet had the chance.

disclaimeri will not take a deer with a bow at more than 40 yards… there are just too many variables. the last thing i want is for the animal to suffer

Im waiting for Shotgun. GL though.

Im sooooooo fucking ready to blast a fucking 10 pointer sat. morning. Whos ready???