== Official Hunting 2011-2012 Season Thread==

What are you guys hunting? What style hunting, free walk or stand? Bow or gun?

I cant wait for the season to start! I am going to be going after raccoon, coyote, turkey and deer. I got 2 12 guages, mossberg and a ithaca deer slayer, plus I picked up a compound bow and a savage .308 rifle. Both the bow and the rifle I got to get out and do some practice. This year I am not worried about bow hunting, but I cant wait to do it next season.

I also picked up a two person tree stand with the blind coverage you put around it. This is my second year, and all last season I free walked on my property. Hunting is absolute blast!

I’m hunting women. Usually perch myself on chippewa. Weapon of choice is usually some tequila and season is open year round.

Just picked up a new summit climber, can’t wait for bow to start. Can’t really hunt shotgun anymore because I don’t have anywhere to go. The spots that are awesome for bow are crowded when shotgun opens.

I got about 100 acres to hunt on in greatvalley and about 100 acres in busti ny, so its kind of cool because no one on the busti place really hunt. I have a huge raccoon problem that I am seeing on my trail cam. I have a huge family of 4 or more adults showing up on all my night photos.

anyone else planning on putting on their tree stands up in the next week or so?

My bow, shotguns, rifles and muzzleloader were sighted in over a month ago. Stands (mobile) have been up since august. Game cams went out in early June, yeah I am ready :slight_smile:

I need to buy land. :frown:

update, got my first deer this year, it was a button buck. Cool for my first kill. Used my 308 while walking at 110 yards.

Side Note: Just started getting into customizing guns so I finally sat down and turned my bench in my basement into a gun smithing work bench. Currently working on a ruger 10/22. This gun is a blast to work on

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388914_2296413581062_1570788543_31698317_957948481_n.jpg

Got screwed on my safety course…by my own gun club. Maybe next year. Stop shooting small bucks. That’s why we don’t have any decent bucks in this state.

9 point, 175 lbs gutted and skinned.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t4/87conquestTSi/IMG_20111211_160345.jpg

Now for coyotes. This is the fun part of hunting.

I hear ya, I thought it was a doe, at 110 yards at dusk, there is NO way to see if it is a button buck. I have 100+ acres to hunt on in chautaqua county at my parents. Tons of deer down there.

I saw this Coyote at my buddies house at the asscrack of dawn, spotted it with the red spotlight from 150 yards and blamo… went down with a round of cheap ass Tula 223 through the AR. Unfortunately it was on the deer trail…

I got a doe on the last day. Rough hunting this season. Took her down with my newest acquisition:

Got my first deer with my 1903, my first buck with my K98 so I’m keeping the trend alive!

I can’t rifle hunt deer. :fuuu:
I can with coyotes :smiley: out comes the 150gr .270 ammo

BUMP - looking to get my gun/hunting license this year… anyone have it “in” with anyone in regards to this???

Kevin

You can buy a long gun at anytime as long as you clear a background check.

Hunting clubs generally have the hunting classes.

lmao amen to that.

Use a billy club instead of Tequila. More effective and cheaper.
Put together my 6.5 Grendel last winter and haven’t had one round through it yet. Will be my choice if my permit works out…and if I have the time.

This year I’m going to use this :slight_smile:

Noice. Bringin any grenades?