Official: NHL Playoff Thread

:word:

bye bye devils.

lol no avery broduer handshake.

avery after the game " everyone likes to talk about how unclassy i am, but looks like fatso forgot to shake my hand there after the game"

LMAO

did he really say that ? LOL

like i said before…i hope avery gets AIDS

yep

I thought Brodeur not shaking Avery’s hand was pretty funny, but that’s fucking hilarious.

I agree. When Price is on, he is freakin’ ON. But he’s still a rookie and consistency is going to be an issue for him for a while. As of right now, Thomas is the better goalie and if Price can’t withstand Boston’s super explosive offense ( :sarcasm: ), then they’re not gonna make it out of the 1st round. I think he’ll be just fine though.

wow boston pullin it off for game 7

wow what a game again, this series has been awesome

holy shit what a third period

I cannot believe that series is going 7 games. That was one of the craziest games I’ve ever seen.

oh shit Patrice Bergeron might be back for boston tomorrow

Game 7 should be a great finish, but I still think Montreal will win, as they SHOULD! Boston does deserve a lot of credit for not backing down, especially with the 3rd period they had last night. Either way, I’m sure it’ll be a Price vs. Thomas showdown tomorrow and Price should win that 9 times out of 10.

9 times out of 10? Really? The kid is good, but Thomas has proven to be a very consistent goalie all year. Price…not so much.

I think Montreal takes the home ice advantage and runs like hell. The Bell center is absolutely nuts in the playoffs.

And we have some potential match-ups brewing right now. If Boston wins tonight, they play Pittsburgh. If Montreal wins, they play either Philly (if the win) or the Rangers. If the Caps and Montreal win, Washington plays Pitts and Montreal plays New York. Crosby vs Ovechkin. The NHL must be drooling for that scenario to happen.

I just think it’s funny that I predicted Price would crack in a later round and everyone thought I was nuts. Turns out the kid cracked against the offensive juggernaut that is Boston. :lol:

At least one of my predictions happened. I said Washington, Jersey, Montreal and Pittsburgh would win. I could very well end up 1 for 4. :slight_smile: I knew Jersey was a long shot all along though.

suprised to see the ducks out so early

Did the Ducks lose anyone in the off season? Usually the cup winner has several key people leave because salaries go up with that cup on your resume. 4 years in a row the defending champ hasn’t made it out of the first round. 2 of those champs didn’t even make the playoffs the year after their cup win.

damn… price just looks SO poised and unshaken in this game… hes gonna be big real soon

wow… what a goal by montreal… holy undressed thomas

wow… thomas has to go… his 2nd goal was rather shaky… but this 3rd one… he NEVER moved out to challenge the puck, just stayed down too long and let him go right over his glove

They only really lost Penner to Edmonton. They added Matthew Schneider to replace the then retired Scott Niedermayer. Then they got Niedermayer back and to make salary cap room they traded Andy McDonald to St. Louis for Doug Weight. Then Teemu came back from retirement. They also traded Bryzgalov to the Coyotes but had a decent backup move in from their AHL team.

So all in all, on paper they looked to have a better team if not even to last years team. Especially on defense.

Definitely fell short from their expectations, thats for sure.