Official Playoff Beard Thread

post pics of your playoff beard before and during playoffs

A playoff-beard is the superstitious practice of a National Hockey League (NHL) player not shaving his beard during the Stanley Cup playoffs. The player stops shaving when his team enters the playoffs and does not shave until his team is eliminated or wins the Stanley Cup. It is believed that the tradition was started in the 1980s by the New York Islanders.

BOOO NYI FTL

I’d like to grow one, but the president of my company wouldn’t care for it.

Can’t do the beard either :frowning: i hate having to shave sigh

good thing i quit my previous job, wouldnt even allow the 5 oclock shadow.

i guarantee none of you have anything on justins “season” beard :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 LOL

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ASK ME IF I’M GROWING A PLAYOFF BEARD.

LOL

didn’t you get mad about this last year too :lol:

i am gonna look rediculous come june.

Ugh talk about a disgrace to beards. It looks like a Suger Daddy someone dropped on a barber shop floor.

lololololol

i want to but my boss would slap me

i wish i could, but i have about 3 formal dinners and a wedding i have to go to between now and june, and i dont think the scruffy beard is gonna fly there. i cant grow a decent beard anyway.

I’m doin it. Just because I hate shaving, and it gives me a reason.

Justin and Mike from Innovative will look funny with theirs.

Hi.

i have a wedding to go to april 28th, and i convinced the bride to allow the groom to grow one as well. (im the best man as well, this should be funny)

my shit grows in too patchy

idk haha, i can grow a nasty beard. have been able to since i was like 15 hahaha.

I’m doing the playoff beard. 4 of my friends are doing it as well. I could care less what work says about it.

i started my beard like a month before the playoffs last season, and everyone also asked me if it was a playof beard.

i’ve had it since then

i’m second from the left, holding the labatt bottle

http://photos-937.ak.facebook.com/ip005/v17/177/45/44200392/n44200392_30350937_7952.jpg

Justin better not shave that “season” beard season taint over yet!