Offset question.

So I’ve got my car on the ground finally, and a couple things came up.

I’ve got a set of z32 brembo rotors up front, and I think the additional thickness is spacing my rims out a bit too far. Any advice? The only think I can think of is maybe pulling the fender out a bit to match up (which I’d like to do regardless).

Any advice is appreciated.

Also…does it look like the front is sitting a bit high? Its hard to tell from the angle of the pic, but it seems to be significantly higher than the rear.

Very nice. One simple idea would be to get the rims machined. It would be cheap and you wouldn’t ruin your fender line.

What front lower control arms/ball joints are you running??

Lower + more camber in the front would make it look close if not the same.

The lower control arms are stock in the front, as are the ball joints.

I’d like to bring the front down a bit too… would that help with that?

Having Z32 rotors will not make a difference to how your wheel sits, and you cannot really just go get your wheels machined.

What size and offset are the wheels?

My first suggestion is to lower it some more, lower = more camber. But then you’ll have a good chance of rubbing issues depending on how low you go, so rolling your fenders is definatly a good idea. If they still stick out at this point, either dial in more camber and sacrifice tire life but keep stock fenders, or pull the fenders a bit.

By the way, what type of wheels are they?

Good luck.

Get your camber checked out before you change it. Judging from those pics, you could use a little bit more front camber, but you don’t want to run too much. Generally decent numbers are -3 in the front -1.5 in the rear.

They are r32 rims… 16x7. I forget the offset, i think its -30. I could be wrong.
I’m going to bring my coilovers abit, and see if i can’t bring the camber in.

I plan on rolling the fenders regardless.

Their actually 16x8 +30, They should fit inside then fenders very well, I think your main problem is your tire sizing in the front. they look like fairly wide tires, 245’s possibly? a 215-225 tire would help your problem.

But no sence changing tire sizes now, so just fiddle with the height, camber and fender roll and you’ll be fine.

They are very wide tires…they just came with the rims, and are all season knobby offroadish tires. Ha. I’m planning on getting new tires regardless. As soon as I get the brakes finished (early next week) I’ll be out hunting for some new rubber.

Thanks for the help so far,
Mark

you definitely need to lower you car and get some negative camber in the front. I think the wheels will sit nice and flush then.

I dropped the car down an inch tonight…the negative camber definitely did bring the tires in a significant amount. Now I think when I put the new tires on there, it will really fit up perfect. Thanks for the advice guys.