Offsets

Pretty simple Q… Looking for a simple answer

Looking to get a new set of rims…

8.5 F 9.5 R widths

what should I be looking at for offsets to get a flush fit respectively for F and R?

Might help if you specify if it’s a s13 or s14.

If it’s a s13 I doubt you will get a 9.5" rear wheel flush without pulling or using over fenders.

Depends how flush you want it? I’d say +15 front +20 rear?

Its for an s13 hatch… I justwant to get a rough idea… Doesnt have to be super flush because I tuck rim ( 18s ) Yes I will be running over fenders but as a base Id like to know wut would be good b4 overfenders in therory without taking into account coil clearance etc… so I can build apon that say with a 30mm overfender just - that much offset ie 9.5 rim looks good on s13 with a -30 offset say so with 30mm overfeders 0 offset would look good…

Reason Im being this way is because 2 yrs ago when I knew nothing about offset and such with my 240 I just baught I got rims that were 7" wide with a +40mm offset… can you say sunken!!! lol

Anyone running a 9.5 rear ?? wut offset are they and how do you like how they sit

to be honest, you need to know what kinda of negative camber you’ll have in the front and in the back…
I have -1 degree in the back and my 9" wide +30 wheels are perfectly flush on my S14. However, if i Had -2 or -3 degrees of camber in the rear (like most 240’s which are lowered by about 1.5-2") then the +30 offset would be terrible and the wheels would have been sunken in. I would need something like +15 to +20 offset on a 9" wide wheel to make it nice and flush in that case.
Same applies for the fronts.

Seems you still know nothing about offset sicne your getting your + and - mixed up.

By the way, you don’t need over fenders for the rim width you want, get 17x9.5 in front and 18x10.5 in back minimum if you want overfenders.

Tire size also has a lot to do with how flush they look. As does opinion of what is “flush”

There U happy… I fixed it simple - + key mix up… logik23
Funny how some people like to point out a simple mistake where as others see it as it is… that I meant +40

Thanx lith… U gave me the answer I was looking for… I agree with applesauce, it does depend on tire size and wut u see as flush… For me flush will be top of rim in line with body if not 5mm in since I plan to tuck rim in the rear ( yes I realize Ill scrape everything… I dont really care… Its a weekend car )

for comparison i had the same width wheels and I had +38 rear and +22 front

the rears needed to be rolled in order to clear 255 tires which were a bit stretched on that size of a wheel and i had no adjustable control arms at the time and car was fairly low so there was 2.8 deg neg. camber. i would have preferred about +30 in the rear.

whoever said +20 in the rear is crazy, you’ll need either disgusting negative camber or pulled fenders (or aftermarket fenders) to clear that.

front at +22 on an 8.5 fit pretty nicely, i had a 235 tire on and had some minor rubbing issues… tire got chewed pretty badly after a few months.

in the summer i ran 17x9 +4 in the rear on stock body of an s14

rolled fender with a bat

all depends on tire setup and camber

this summer i ran

17 x 9 + 20 all around on a s13 with rolled fenders tucking rear tires

215/40/17 front, 225/45/17 rear

Thanx Guys… Again a simple ans. was all I wanted which I got… F-ing mint … Now to order rims… yay

I have 16x9 +13 with a 225 and 3 degress of camber and I needed just a slight bat roll. Later I;m ganna put a 245 on there and put 2 degress of camber and i’ll still be able to get away with a roll.

By the way, sorry, I didn’t wanna sound like such a dick before, came out wrong. (about the +40 thing)

Its coo fella… I really just dont want another nice set of rims that look like shit because of the offsets…

Cheers fellas