Oh damn, wrecked Ford GT

Not sure what to think about the liability

the vehicl owner is responsible. the claim would be no different than if you let your friedn borrow your car. a civil suit will likely follow. /my thoughts

I don’t believe that is the case unless the laws in California are different than New York. I have Liabilty and Garage Keepers insurance that would be the first policies to be used if something were to happen to a customer’s car. That being said, I can not believe how irresponsible this “business owner” is. There is no way I would work on a thousand dollar car, much less an hundred and fifty thousand dollar car without protecting myself/my business.

150,000 car plus twin turbos… at this point, that car has well over 200,000 into it.

Losing control for no reason is an asinine excuse.

I was personally acquainted with Joe that Stage 6 motorsports built his TT Ford GT and some of them have a nasty habit of doing 360s under high boost.

That sucks.

so I wonder what ray is going to do with his new tuning business?

Yeah unfortunately this is a common occurance with these cars, they dont have any sort of traction control and make big power. The surprising thing is that the guy who crashed it supposely has alot of experience with GTs, or maybe im just assuming that because he is a member of the Ford GT forum. Usually the people that crash them have never driven a similar car.

The owner has something like 5 other FGTs including a full GT1 race car or something ridiculous.

I don’t think that he will be too torn up about it. Its not like he took out a loan to buy a 80k mile supercar.

President and CEO of http://peakcompletions.com/

I’m sure he is sad, but it sounds like he can buy another in that color combo if he doesn’t already have two. My favorite color combo right there.

Not to mention I’m sure it’s insured so really they only thing he will end up paying is higher insurance premiums, a deductible, and what ever gap he had in coverage (like say he didn’t have his mods listed on the policy). I really doubt any of these will be a huge financial hardship for a guy like that.

The creepy part is how he refers to every car as “gal”.

I think the douchey part is the seemingly obnoxious story from the shop owner, who should have assumed responsibility, and run his shop like a business and not a hobby. Then again, I guess you should check in to that ahead of time too…

he even filed an insurance claim against the owner of the car for injuries. He should be shot

I haz a super size sad too.

Lucky number thirteen!

:suicide:

is that a standard appearance package? if not, that car is local to west palm beach … yikes.

:word:

Hofman says Knobloch, who suffered minor injuries in the crash, declined to take responsibility for the totaled GT, adding he had no money for a replacement, but would be glad to do future work at a discount for Hofman. Knobloch also did not have a “garage keepers” insurance policy that would have provided some coverage, an explanation that Hofman said stunned him:

I explained that there is an unwritten code between exotic car owners that if you ever step behind the wheel of someone else's car, that you would be responsible for the car if something happened. That is the reason I don't drive someone elses car. Furthermore, when you send it to a BUSINESS specializing in tuning any high end cars, it is with the understanding that if something happens to it while under their care it would be taken care of no questions asked.

Knobloch sees it differently:

I know that my reputation would never be affected by an act such as this because it was an accident and not a malicious act and yet I am beyond deeply saddened by this incident. We see accidents all the time never expecting it to us and even more so us when driving a friends gal.

This is why no one else drives my cars…

yeah, it’s an option

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I would love to hear a garage owners take on this

Carnut, Inn-Tune, bracketracer, Final GTS, etc… Any opinions on this? I definitely opens your eyes and makes you think to ask these questions (garage insurance) when you hand your keys over to a small business-like shop.