Ford GT wrecked in WNY

Cross posting this from my site. But there appears to have been an accident with a Ford GT yesterday.

http://www.rodandpiston.com/db/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8375

I heard from a friend of mine who was at a Customer Appreciation cruise night down Brockton way at a NAPA store. Seems the owner let someone try out his 500+ HP Ford GT. My friend saw it go by the store at a high rate of speed a couple of times, and on his way home saw ambulances and rescue people…another one bites the dust so to speak.
What kind of idiopt would let someone “try out” a car like that?

And no, I don’t have any pictures, but figuring if any of you have heard about it and have any pics?

this is the reason the value of these cars holds strong …hope no one was hurt bad

I guess a silver Elise totalled out on Borden the other day.

Not really in the same league as a 100k+ GT.

Wonder how long before it shows up on wrecked exotics? That close to a show you know someone got pics.

A guy right near my work owns a Red and White one. It was not there today. Maybe it was his? Works at Lunser Insurance on 20A in EA.

i couldnt imagine if I wrecked my own 150K Ford GT let alone let someone else wreck it.

OT, I have always wondered if INS would cover it still seeing that someone else was driving other than the insured?

I think if somone drives your car and wrecks it than the driver who wrecked it insurance would cover it. At least that’s what I think.

^Correct. If not then un-insured/under-insured motorist would kick in, maybe.

Nope, the owner of the cars insuranse is liable. Tickets/Violations would go to the driver.

Edit: I know because I had a friend hit a deer with my evo 8

I can’t believe you guys have insurance policies and haven’t ever even read them.

Your insurance covers your car and anyone you let drive it up to your set limits!

:word:

Negative, I was rearended a few years ago. The person that hit me was driving his friends car and his friends insurance covered my repairs

PS: I’m scared of wrecking my 10k STS that is paid for, Can’t imaigne a 100k+ car

his insurance (owner’s) will cover it, but idk what hes gonna tell the guy that wrecked it, but in this fucked up country, im sure the driver could sue the owner somehow =p

I remember seeing that here… ouch

You have to be kinda dumb to hand the keys over to a 400 + HP car to someone who has never drove a car of that caliber before. Either that or you just dont care.

It doesn’t matter the caliber of the car. People do stupid shit in a 100 HP honda. Driver is all that matters.

Although that is possibly my favorite car, I wonder whats going to happen to it. Maybe someone with the capabilities will claim it for a restoration project.

:word:

As long as the owner gave the driver permission whether implied or actual consent, the owners insurance picks up the tab.

And you don’t think the they will get the money from the driver’s company? Please.

Yes it does.
a lot.

stupid shit in a 100hp honda /= stupid shit in 500 hp 150k car…

i saw that car go by on a flat bed all smashed up, i talked to an emergency service worker, she said he drove through one telephone poll and then hit another. the owner lives on stolle road in elma.

I got in an accident in a borrowed car last year and they never so much as contacted my insurance company. As long as the owner gave the person permission to drive it, it goes on their insurance. The driver’s insurance is only for a fallback if the owner was underinsured.