oil filter adapter leak

my oil filter adapter keeps leaking even after i re-sealed it twice, i used silicone, idk if theres anything else i can use, an no it doesnt have an o-ring, theres no slot for one, i was thinking about machining one in?

just get an o ring in and it will sandwich its self a seal if that dont work try a different filter

do i have to machine a groove into it to make it work? btw its the adapter to the block, not the adapter to the filter

That area your sealing is under quite some pressure, for the time being as a temp solution maybe using an old oil filter seal will work if you can keep it centered while you tighten. Just an idea.

What devo said is best for now i would maybe machine a groove to insure a centered seal

yeah ill just machine a groove into it on a lathe for an o ring, do i need to machine a groove into the block or is it okay if i just do it on the filter, plus i dont know how you would machine it into the block :stuck_out_tongue:

Aftermarket kits only machine the edge for the O-ring on the attaching piece going onto the block.

Machining both sides may not squish the O-ring enough to make a tight seal or tear the O ring while tightening it down.

so i got it machined today, to accept a oil filter seal, i think the guy fucked up, ill post a pic soon, idk if its going to work. and if it doesnt where do i get a new adapter?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

forgot how to post pics…

so went to go tighten it down today, found out the housing is cracked. does anyone know where to get an oil filter adapter for an rb20 or have one?, please help me out

damn rb i have one for a ka try frsport maybe?

they dont have it.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

the ka one looks like it might work how much did u wont for it?

got one 160 bucks !!! holy moly

ka one will work but 160??? holy picked mine up for like 60

from where?

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

i already ordered it from some guy and my dads picking it up today, F*&% me.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

i already ordered it from some guy and my dads picking it up today, F*&% me.

fuck sorry woulda sold mine for 20$