Oil Pan pooped.

Tore the pan… Anyway. I got a used oilpan for N got a floor jack… Ive never changed an oilpan on a 240… Is it possible to do on a floor jack or is it a Hoist kinda thing. its a 92/DOHC. One more question Im still on the fence on this. How does the gasket in a tube compare to an actual gasket. The original gasket isn’t easy to find, im thinking about useing one a gasket paste.

iirc the fsm calls for liquid gasket

it’s fine.

lol good luck! (by tha way im the guy that got that oil pan for you)

you are in a big job just to tell you.

you need to either take out your engine or take out your front crossmember in order to take out the oil pan. all in all good luck!

curtis

In combination with a standard gasket, or just liquid gasket.

ahahah

Shit. Alright good to know. crossmember sounds easier.

if you drop the crossmember you’ll need an alignment when you put it all back together or the car will be doing the chicken

consider just pulling the motor it’ll make for a really good clean job and you can check for any other potential problems clean up teh engine bay etc its always good to pull the motor if you have some spare time to clean things up and check everything

Don’t pull the motor or drop the cross member… just unbolt the the mounts and raise the motor up a few inches with a jack, just be careful and keep an eye on your lines and wires to make sure you don’t stress any. Its not a huge job, but it will take a little bit of time.

I managed to change my oil pan without taking the crossmember off.

I dropped the sway bar and jacked the engine just barely off the mounts, and that made just enough clearance to get the pan out.

My biggest problem was getting the motor back on mounts as it was 3am and none of my roommates were awake to help me :?

Mind I have a SOHC, so I don’t know if your oil pick up will be different in such a way to cause problems.

:S lol thanks for all the info but i ended up welding it… after looking at it under a hoist it was a welding job and its good to go now. thanks anyway