Oil Pan Removal

How did you guys(whoever has done this) get your oil pan off? I took all the bolts off and this thing will not budge, I’ve pulled and pulled, but it still doesn’t come off. I’ve tried using a razor to cut the gasket and still it doesn’t move. I have looked in the fsm and there is some sort of oil pan gasket tool, I called nissan and they tell me that he doesn’t order tools(what the FUCK is with that). So I called cooper tools and it will take a fucken week to get the tool and it’s fucken 80 bux!!!(that’s about all I need to do before I install my turbo, everything else is done) Does anybody have any ideas as to how the fuck to get this off, without paying 80 bux for a fucken ghey ass gasket cutter tool?

Pry it off with a flathead screwdriver? Might hurt the pan a bit though…

I don’t wanna damage the pan, unless you have a spare for me. Oh and I tried to pry it with a flathead, the flathead won’t even fit between the oil pan and gasket. I tore up my knuckles trying.

what i always use is a “heel Bar” go to house of tools to find one, or some place like that. (works on semi’s, should work on cars :E )

just put the point between the block and the pan, tap the back with a hammer so the point goes inbetween them and then pry it off.

or just suck it up and and actually drive that screwdriver in there, if you bend it just add more silicone.

a cheap replication of my heel bar would be buy a flat head screw driver, heat it up with a torch (if you have one, just makes things easyer) and bend it so there is about 1.5 inch of the flat end at a 90degree to the rest(shaft and handle) and use as said above.

yea i know its a getto idea, but when you work on big stuff ie(heavy equip) you become an expert at getto style tools :finga:

p.s. that pan is alot stronger then you give it credit for.

Or, go to a paint store and get yourself a relatively thin putty knife. They’re really tough and hard to break, but you can hammer on them if you need to.

What engine do you speak of? Chances are that your missing some nuts. People over look this on the GTR lots as there is nuts on the top by the front diff. But ya this is my guess. It should come off easy with little prying!

Putty Knife, the kind painters use to apply mud to drywall. Get the the 1.5 inch wide and hit it with a mallet. Once its between try to work it around the pan.

Better get an engine hoist too. You will see.

I just used a flat head and hammered it in there. Just move it around and hammer. lol. One the nose goes in, you can start prying. That gasket material is very sticky. That’s the only thing holding it is the gasket material.

I take no responsibility if you swing, miss and take off your hand, or pump it through and take out your oil pickup. lol.

it’s a ka24de and yes I’ve gotten every single bolt, there are 12 all around. I have checked about a billion times(well not that many) and there is not one bolt holding it on. I am going to get a putty knife today and try my luck with that, and yes I’m hoisting the engine up while doing this. I have already scraped the shit out of my knuckles so hitting my hand with a hammer wouldn’t be so bad, lol. I hope to get it off today, because then I can get the pieces I need welded, welded(o2 bung onto the downpipe for my wideband, bov flange welded onto ic piping and oil return bung welded to oil pan). If all goes well today I should be up and running by the weekend.

The KA24E pan is one piece and more trouble to remove than an SR pan. Your KA24DE should be similar trouble. You’ll have to move the crossmember down or the engine up to remove the pan.

I got it off. Now lets hope I can get it back on without messing the bead of gasket maker.

I hope you did not use a screw driver because you can damage the block quite easily if you pry it.

What I did for the KADE oil pan removal was just bash it sidewase once with a large rubber mallet and it popped right off.

Sorry I saw this thread so late, been busy.

Nope, no prying with the screwdrivers, I ended up finding a tool in the paint section, it’s called a multi putty knife, even though it looks nothing like a putty knife. it has a handle, then a blade that comes off the end at a 90 degree angle, it more or less looks like the tool they show in the fsm for taking the oil pan off.

I use a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer and the pan comes right off. Bent the pan? Big deal. Put the edeg you bent on the end of a table and hammer it flat. It will be back to flat then and the silicone will still seal up. I’ve done this alot of times and not 1 has come back leaking. Bending the pan alittle bit isn’t going to end the world.

That exact tool from the dealership would say “KA specific oil pan removal tool” :lol:

Yup and it would cost over 90 dollars. Instead of the 4.99 I paid at home depot.