OK Jeff. You win. Verizon smartphone options?

I have a nokia intrigue, 1 month old. probably worth a couple bucks

This will never happen.

Verizon has Rhapsody, whereas Iphone has Itunes

There are multiple other reasons as to why, my buddy who works for Verizon and i were talking about this just a few days ago.

Just an FYI too,Apple approached Verizon first with the Iphone before going to At&t, Verizon declined. Verizon does not want the Iphone

people that keep talking about VZW getting / not getting the iphone make me want to start handing out bans

VZW announced today they are doubling termination fees. They must be fed up with people ditching them for the iphone

Yikes, I’m glad I got out of my contract when I did.

Actually that is a blessing for anyone that is trying to get out. You have an agreement with verizon and any changes to that contract require joint authorization. Lots of people have gotten out of their contracts with no termination fee just because verizon has changed some of the fine print.

I also am a firm believer that the iphone will hit verizon as soon as the AT&T contract is up.

One thing i’ve learned is never EVER get a new phone when it first comes out…always wait a few months for software issues to get sorted out.

If you don’t want anything too expensive/complicated, the EnV Touch looks cool…i’m still rockin’ my Dare and still love it.

are
you
retarded?

you want a sweet verizon phone? get the droid. that’s the only phone verizon offers that has any attraction from me at all. not enough to actually deal with being a verizon customer again, but enough to get me to at least read about it and look forward to the same OS coming to every other carrier.

they wont change agreements for existing customers, it will be when they renew.

the raised etf will be on the higher end phones and netbooks. people take advantage of the buy one get one offers and the company loses money when they disconnect and sell the phone, this is totally legit, people were taking advantage of the system and verizon is trying to stop them.

when does the at&t iphone contract expire? end of dec?

Verizon is NEVER or NOT FOR A LONG TIME getting the iphone. Don’t believe any of the speculation. it’s been going on since day 1.

no matter what anyone tells you, what you read, what you hear, what your buddy knows, what a guy on a forum says, or what whoever your friend that knows a guy that sells or sold verizon phones at one point in his life says…

verizon isn’t getting the iphone anytime soon, if at all. do not let the contractual agreements sway your decision in the near future. the only phone worth actually renewing your 2 year agreement for, or even paying for, is in fact the droid.

ironically, just stumbled across this while going through my RSS reader.

jesus deep fried christ on a stick. maybe if you could report factual information, you would be useful around here.

ETFs are going to $350 FOR ADVANCED DEVICES, LIKE BLACKBERRYS.

Again, ETFs ARE ONLY BEING RAISED FOR SMARTPHONES.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THE COST OF THESE PHONES BEFORE SUBSIDY? They should have done this a long time ago, it’s a cost they don’t need to eat for free if you are not going to be a customer.

Just to fucking drive home the point a little further.

A BB Storm (9530) runs $49.99 BUY ONE GET ONE FREE with a 2 year contract. Retail cost is $500. THAT’S $1000 WORTH OF EQUIPMENT FOR FUCKING $50, with nothing more than “oh yea VZW, I’ll pay you for 2 years…”

And out of that comes your deadbeats that dont pay bills, your fraud cases where people take advantage of the warranty policy, and the people that just straight up get the phone, cancel, eat the measly $175 and flip that $500 phone on ebay for a profit.

Why SHOULDN’T they raise the ETF for smartphones?

Now, the carriers are not blame free on this, and yes they are making money already. But from a business POV, this is a cost they don’t need to eat.

FUCK