Verizon cell phones...

Ok so I’m sick of my Razr. It won’t display anymore on either internal or external lcd’s. Removing the battery cleaning contacts, doesn’t help at all. It works maybe .8% of the day daily. I can still call using the direct number blind dialing, etc or using the speed dials.

Either way its annoying and I need to upgrade.

I wanted the xv6700 like a year or so ago, but now with the xv6800 coming out I wanna wait for it, but don’t wanna wait that long/price tag

What out there is decent. I dislike Verizons typical gui and am looking for something with WM.

Normally I will take my sweet time and check into all this but today I just feel like blah.

Also switching providers is not an option as I am on a bill free from a Verizon law suit for the next 2 years or so.

i have the flip chocolate. IDK what the model number is, but it’s pretty sweet.

Layzie talked me into it.

Chocolate = Verizons Gui which I dislike…

However a flip chocolate, I haven’t seen that yet… checking into.

Meh, no go on the Chocolate. Judging the book by the cover I dislikey.

Also I was reading the xv6700 can do GPS, is that correct?

Yeah, bluetooth GPS no problem, MS also has this maps program which can pinpoint your location if there are WAPs available.

I don’t know about the “verizon” GPS, which is a total boner, you have to pay mad loot for that shit.

Yeah no gps through verizon for 20/mo. thats retarded.

Does the xv6700 require the 40/mo. unlimited data plan? And also does the gps run through that data plan Howie?

gps isnt $20/month

all pda phones except the bb’s dont REQUIRE a data feature, but i wouldnt start without one. (i’ve seen some people who said the old “i’m never gonna use it” come back with bills for a couple grand because they DID use it, when you can start off with a package that lets you see what your real usage is for the first month or two, and you can change it anytime)

Now when using the WiFi it does not charge through verizon because you are NOT using their data correct.

So for example.
At work or at home both have WiFi - going through phone free, however if I was driving and needed to use the data it would be charged per kb of data sent correct? So 40/month data unlimited would be for when not using a WiFi connection right?

$45/month. and yes.

edit: if you are on a “choice bundle” then the data drops to $40 on the 450 min plan

Gotcha, my phone is part of a business account so no go on the 450 plan

Ahhh so frustrating right now, I can’t text, aim, or games or anything at work. Rar

Can you get the palm 700wx for verizon?

Thats a bargain phone on sprint now, I really like it.

I have a shitty LG, my girlfriend just got the red razr for 25 bucks with a new sprint sero contract.

Its really impressive without the shitty verizon gui. Its just what she needs.

My next phone will be the palm 700wx, might not be the latest and greatest, but it gets the job done.

Not a big fan of the treo series… I know the 700w is out for verizon dunno bout the wx

wx just came out for Verizon. It’s out “latest and greatest”. :roll:

Hmm bump again. Dealing with my phone is like paying a dead hooker, it lays there and does nothing that you are paying it for.

if u want a phone with verizon, ur shit outta luck cause they all have the verizon-ized gui. its just an interface tho. it doesnt mean that every phone is the same. it just means that it looks the same.

check this one out: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2869

oh and remember this. battery life on pda phones BLOW. especially when on WiFi

also while on WiFi you CANNOT use the pda as a phone

it makes phone calls and sends/receives text messages. what else are u paying for?

http://hacktherazr.com/

If you have a mini-usb (used with most digital cameras), you can completely rape all the verizon crap from the razr. I have a verizon razr, but i can add my own ringtones, changed the UI completely, etc.

Obviously it voids any warranties, but there are ways around that as well.

Well as stated I’d like to grab a Windows Mobil OS so obviously going to be paying for more than jusst simple text/calls. Otherwise I’d stick with verizons typical gui.

Also right now the screen doesnt even come on, so its all blind calling and answering, as well as no text messaging because the screen won’t display anything.

Already hacked the firmware, and I still hated everthing about it lol. Ringtones, mp3s, full bt, interface, option, all the seam editing, etc. did all that. But I guess Im just sick of iTap texting, etc.

I just with the XV6800 was out. It’d pointless to get the 6700 with the 6800 coming out.

if a pda phone is what u want then i would just scratch the idea of getting one with wifi, battery life blows and it really sucks having to switch out of wifi to use the phone.

if u just want internet and email. i’de recommend the moto q, but u will be having to charge the phone every 5 hours under heavy use, especially with bluetooth.

in my honest opinion, seeing from a practical standpoint, dont get a pda phone unless u really need it. sure for the first week u will be able to browse nyspeed from anywhere, but then when u forget to charge it that one night, wake up and realize the battery is dead, ur gonna be pissed.

if i were in ur shoes, i would suck it up and buy 2 devices. one phone, one pda w/ wifi