Old People & Driving

Will not happen. Costs too much. Those people that do vote would shut the city down (not that this is new).

Public transportation? In buffalo?

AHHAHAAHAHHHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You would be surprised at how many people wouldnt…

yea, well, they kind of raised us :shrug:

my grandparents are in florida and cowlesville (sp) and they get around fine… fortunately for me.

Otherwise it would be a pain in the butt, but don’t think I wouldn’t if they needed it.

You’re an idiot. I would jump the second my Grandmother needed to go somewhere.

I like Jack’s idea. retest everyone. maybe not every 4 years…but when your license expires, you get retested then.

Another idea: (I think I posted this a while ago, but it’s relevant) AARP sets up uber-cheap auto insurance. but to get it, members must get retested.

But to old people’s defense, they’re probably more careful than anyone else on the road…just their reflexes are fading out…which is why they drive slow. They’re giving themselves time to react. But the guy in the article was just naive to think bodies are falling out of the sky. (and I’m probably being naive to think that their reflexes is the only reason they driv like they do)

So, senility and reflex tests should be part of the license tests.

was there a point to that middle paragraph?? LOL

which one? the defense one? nope. :slight_smile:

the young can’t always drive so good, either…

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/10/19/state/n193438D55.DTL

Driver arrested in chain-reaction crash that kills young siblings

(10-19-2005) 19:34 PDT Vacaville, Calif. (AP) –

A young brother and sister were killed and 11 other people were injured Wednesday when a speeding car struck a parked car, and both vehicles caromed onto a sidewalk near an elementary school, Vacaville police said.

The driver, 24-year-old David Bell of Fairfield, was held on two counts of murder in the deaths of the siblings, ages 7 and 9, said Lt. Craig Rossiter. The names of the other children were not immediately released.

The 11 others were all school children except for one adult, Rossiter said.

The crash happened about 2:15 p.m. as students were leaving Eugene Padan Elementary School, Rossiter said.

Bell was arrested after he was treated for minor injuries, Rossiter said. Police found no drugs or alcohol in his vehicle, a Ford Taurus, but are awaiting the results of blood tests.

Bell was traveling at a high rate of speed in a 25 mph zone past both Vacaville Christian School and Padan Elementary when he struck a parked car, Rossiter said. One or both struck the victims walking on a sidewalk, he said.

“He had to be going very fast. There was very major damage to the rear of a Camaro and it went a good 100 feet” before stopping, Rossiter said. “It was certainly not something you could predict. Probably most people would not be able to jump out of the way.”

The area sees few accidents, if only because of the traffic congestion when school lets out for the day, Rossiter said.

There was no immediate information available about the seriousness of the others’ injuries, though Rossiter said he believed there was at least one other severe injury. School officials were arranging to provide for the emotional reaction of the school’s staff and students.

Vacaville is between Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay area.

cliffs - 24 y/o kills brother, sister, injures 11 by speeding in school zone and striking parked car :eek:

^^ while we’re generalizing: old people dont speed

:stuck_out_tongue:

so is she hot?
yes/no

if yes. wanna hook me up :slight_smile:
yes/no

if no. you’re banned

^^ thought You were engaged?

Besides, she’s not the Tofu & Dried food(s) kind of girl… :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL…the Simpsons right now. Abe’s trying to get his license back.

“Kind of ironic. These old people are staying alive on the organs of the young people they ran over.”

:rofflecopter: