OMG BYE [Van -> Element]

lol, why would I lie about warranty service? If my truck had problems I wouldn’t be so quick to endorse. Still just the one time for the fog light bulb. My GTO was in 3 times in the 2 years i had it, but all 3 were for the windshield wipers. They were never right after the october storm. :meh:

i’m not a fan of elements, but i’m a fan of the commercials, which makes me a fan of the elements.

I pinch!

little pinch?

Awesome, glad she is finally rid of that shitty van and got into something nice.

lol i love these ads

GIL!

Elements are nice due to the fact that they are so easy to clean (Honda Dealership detailer) The former service manager had an Element SC that grew on me very quick. same color just different rims
http://www.autospectator.com/cars/files/images/2008_Element_SC_120.jpg
I like the newer models because on the color matched plastic

totally agree with you, but the one we picked up isnt nearly as offensive as some of the other color combos ive seen haha

just drove this thing around all day, im really starting to fall in love. srsly.

I picked one of these up a few days ago,not because I wanted to but the price was unbeatable.Its a 05 with 152K on the clock,all the proper maintenance has been done and documented and the most serious repair done was a heater core.So far i’m really liking it.

I like both domestics and imports and i’ll say that this honda feels just as new/tight as the 2010 impala I test drove.:tup:

very cool man, didnt you say you had a vue with tons of miles on it?

before the purchase i did some research and found that the biggest problems these cars have are heater cores and cracked windshields

Nice ride. The only work I’ve ever had to do on an element was the condenser or radiator fan motor. I forget which one. The car had ~100k and the Vegas summer heat finally murdered the fan. Not bad for 100k. :tup:

To be fair, I beat the shit out of that GTO pretty much daily. I’m pretty sure there are stolen cars in police chases that see lighter duty than my car. All that crazy electrical shit turned out to be just a bad ignition switch that the dealer found and corrected in one trip.

Other than that in 27k miles I’ve done a diff seal around the driveshaft (no doubt my fault), strut bushings (that are pretty much bad from the factory), an outer tie rod (track day/autocross abuse probably) and had the passengers side door panel replaced under warranty because the suede was peeling.

I’m happy with that considering the stress the car sees from flogging 400hp/400tq all the time.

Jam I am really happy for you guys. Good riddance minivan!!!

Bump, 5 years and 75,000 miles later, 2 sets of rotors and pads, a few sets of tires, a few jugs of ATF and “dual pump” fluid (Honda rear diff fluid) and all 4 sway bar links… that’s it really. just drove to Cleveland without hesitation a few weeks ago.

it seems as though I will own this car forever? found this thread while searching for another old thread haha. that fucking minivan.

At first I was confused and thought you traded in the Element for the van, lol.

Glad it’s working out :tup:

+1

I at least assumed it was an odyssey

+2
I was very confused when I opened this thread.

Same here with ours.
Also be sure to do the recommended valve adjustment on these.

We love ours, owned it since '08.
With a set of winter tires on it, these are stout and solid through the snow with AWD!