OMG excited? yes. *TXR DRIFT for PS2*

wow! i can’t wait! i liked the TXR series, since i had a dreamcast way back.

i thought i saw something on kaido battle being released here, but if it’s been rebadged, i dont care as long as i get my hands on it. :smiley:

what’s with the paper 2D rims in GT4? if the guys who made TXR could make chrome 3D rims, why can’t polyphony?

The wheels in GT4 are bump mapped and alpha channeled, same with the wheels in TXR. However the ones in TXR are a higher polygon count then GT, PS2 can handle X nubmer of poly transofrms /sec GT4 hit that limit easily. TRX did not becuse thier are only two cars racing and you’ll notice the minivans are all pretty much a 35 polygon model. So Genki could incresed the poly count on the players car because thier are way less polygons per second to render and transform per sec.

Also I still think this is the KB2: touge not KB3 as KB3 is for the PS3…

thanks ill really enjoy the game a lot more now that i know that

apparently your mikesim now??

I don’t even think you understood 1/2 of what was said… so your just chirping to be an ass…

oh yeeee

?wtf did i do? :?

Drift Racer: Kadio Battle was supposed to be released for PS2 in 2004, but it got shelved. this totally looks like a rebadge of the same game.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/driftracerkaidobattle/

it is

sorry to bring back a dead thread, but rather than make a new one, i thought i’d post it here.

i went into EBgames to check on release date back in january, and they said the unofficial date is feb 23, so i reserved a copy. on feb 13th websites announced the official release as march 13 or 14.

whenever it comes, EB will call and tell me it’s in. :smiley:

yeah TOCA 3 was the 21st., and Kiado battle is mach 13-14th from what I’ve read… also this is a Genki/crave game… along with the Kaido battle/TXR series…
‘Drift’ was being made by a US based company, they sited the $20 relelase of the Genki/crave title as the reason to shelve thier full priced title. Don’t expect to see it.