Omg I do <3 Hondas!!!

[ Well maybe just the 2-wheeled ones :slight_smile: ]

K.A.T. and I trecked out to the other side of Rochester about a month ago to bring home this 2000 RC51. Needless to say, Kat literally robbed this guy hard price-wise and he couldn’t say no for the price they negotiated. The guy was in a money jam, shitty for him, yay for us.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w267/syfex/mybike2.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w267/syfex/mybike.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w267/syfex/mybike3.jpg

7,1xx miles, rebuilt title. Bike has been down, but not too much was damaged from it. Custom paint, which will be changing this fall after a good season of riding takes place :). Bike came with stabilizer, jardine pipes, chrome wheels, cf underbodies, gsx-r 3 piston calipers, painted frame, and a few other goodies i can’t think of at the moment.

Had a few issues with it… Radiators were on their way out. Most likely damaged on the spill, but the rads that come on the rc51’s usually shit the bed anyways, horrible cooling layout imho. There was also a small oil leak, looks like from the oil cooler line. The wiring has been the worse part of the mess, but KAT knows his shit with that field and has most of it all cleaned up. There were strobes throughout that were deleted and the front lights were both rigged to come on during startup, not just the low-beam.

So far we have tackled the radiator situation, well one of them at least. Also, the fan was custom rigged and always on, which kat hooked back up to trigger off of the temp sensor.

Right radiator, old vs. new:

Left radiator he bought ended up leaking, so we kept the old one on for now until he finds a new left…

PCIII was also added, and holy shit did this make a freakin huge difference, i was extremely suprised. I can’t wait to put one on my whip!

Some random pictures

What’s left on the to-do list for this season:

1. New mirrors w/ integrated turns
  2. New oil cooler lines
  3. Touch up the wiring, remount a couple relays
  4. Find leak in rear tire, hopefully just a valve stem
  5. Ride, ride, and ride some more :slight_smile:
  6. New paint at the end of the season

Paint scheme he’s leaning towards at the moment, i hope he goes this route

(Sorry for huge pic)

how much did he pay?
I kinda like the white

meh if he wants to disclose the price ill let him do it, im sure he’ll be on sometime soon.

Let’s just say it was rediculous

what ever happen to the transmarobird that he built with the blower…havent heard much about it latley

thats a really nice looking bike. Rob was telling me about this. I want one.

it’s still around now packed with a built 502

haha nice thread shrives thanx …Its kinda a long story so if you don’t want to read just skip this part,but yes i got the bike for a steal i tried to buy the bike about 6 months ago and gave the guy a 300 deposit that he said was fully refundable, some things happened where i was kinda stuck for the rest of the money and i just couldn’t buy the bike.

So after i told him i couldn't buy the bike he tells me he took the money i gave him and spend it already.(pretty dumb on his part). Me being the nice guy that i am just told him to pay me when he can in reasonable time.  He agrees and i play the waiting game.  September turn to Oct. and then to Nov. and i hear nothing from him.  So the last week in Nov. i email him and ask him when he could start sending me money cause ya know the holidays are coming around and what not, he tells me ill have the money in my hand in 2 weeks..........4 weeks later not a word from him or even a email or call.  

This is where it gets interesting, by now im kinda pissed off because of all the failed promises and what not.  I go talk to my lawyer he tells me if i want to pursue this he would be more than willing to, but first to give this guy one more chance, So i send him an email stating my intentions with getting my lawyer involved and that he had 10 days to respond or i would be sending him a summons from my lawyer.  

Next day i get an email from him simply stating "

"you'll have your money within the alloted time"  

.......that was it so i am feeling better by this point cause i did not want to take him to court and do all that bullshit for 300 bucks, but i would have just to prove a point( cause im a prick like that, i guess) so a couple days after the last message he sends me an email saying that he has an offer for me.  He explains how he has fallen on hard times and just needs money so for the next three days he would sell me the bike for $2,200. Pretty good deal considering the bike.  i decide to call him and counter offer telling him i will be there the next day with 2k cash if he would like it.  he agrees. me and Shrives go up, take the bike from him and where on our way, although i did get a good deal i felt a little bad because his son specifically built the bike for his dad as a present and gave it to him as a gift for everything that he did for him.  He even signed the bike over the gas tank and cleared over it.  Anyways that feeling went away after i saw the work that it needs, not too bad just a few things that Shrives said a couple little things.  In the end though i paid 2300 for a pretty nice bike in good shape.  The next few months are going to kill me but after a couple of things worked out the bike should run like a brand new bike.  We will keep everyone updated and as far as the paint scheme goes i like what it has right now, but knowing me i will change my mind in a month so :gotme: what will happened with the paint.  Anyways thats my story and think the deal was good and hope too see a lot of people out this summer with the cars and the bikes, and don't worry the Trans Am is all so in the works :fyi:

good work. :tup:

That looks like fun to play with.

I wouldn’t feel too bad for the guy… but yeah, that’s shitty for him.

Anyway, good pickup, looks like a ball.

wow you were kidding about the radiator

oh and you should have kept the strobes on!

good deal.

those things sound great

congrats… i wanna ride it once… i never rode a big twin before… :tup: to a solid buy

good tire choice btw

I had that damper on my last r6.

anyone here have the new model, with the speed sensitive dampening

Nice bike looks like fun

talk about a steal…the rebuild is going to be fun, document as much as you can. i like the white too; think about sticking with it.

yea… i had that on the 636… it was nice

EDIT… THE RSC right?

has a great torque curve, and with that pcIII it feels 10x’s smoother

sooo kat… when can i ride it… :)… is this your first bike?

IEATPAINT wants in too :)… lol

you two are hilarious, two guys ready to gangbang every new bike that comes in town. Every bike in this area is probably tainted with teh willy… :smiley: