OMG New Apple MacBook Air

Their hardware is the same shit you can get for a PC.
The software very rarely is it a MAC exclusive.

I don’t remember if Parallels is like a VMware image or not… but good luck playing most video games, unless its ported over.

Support is just as good with PC, it all depends what manufacturer you purchase it from.

Applications - Same as software.

Interfaces - I have no idea where you are going with this one… are you talking about expose and the dashboard crap?

Mac is just a PC with a different operating system now.

Arguing that a mac is better than a PC (or vice versa) is like saying a blue car is better than a red car.

Its subjective. Fact is, both will do exactly what you want need, unless you are really in to gaming. It is your opinion as to what you like better. Most people are closed minded, and won’t get it. So who cares?

I think its pretty tits. Apple continues to make great products, its the same reason some people pay more than twenty bucks for a dress shirt, or expensive watches. Most people on here have rubber band timex’s and shop TJ Max though.

And before you start, I’m not implying that a Mac is better because it costs more, or anything of the sort.

Why the synergy of their iLife suites and the OS itself far exceed all the seperates you’ll get on the other side of the fence. What is comprable/better from MS?

And people the cry about prices, why don’t you compare the price of Dell’s XPSONE to a comprable iMac. Not so shitty anymore is it?

apples to apples :shrug:

Not saying Apple apps are worse or better than M$, just there are applications that I use on a normal basis that do not like running on a*nix based system.

very often when I call support on PC I have the software vendor blame microsoft or the hardware. I call either of the other two and they just blame somebody else also.

I call apple and the buck stops there…

better yet, I can walk into a store and talk to a human about what’s on my mind.

I think i have priced out Dell’s and Mac with comparable hardware and the dell was like 100 bucks cheaper on a 1200-1500 dollar machine.

Of course there is shipping and tax that was disregarded… so it maybe the same price … idk

No shit you dildo. Apple is supported by Apple techs.

Dell, HP, Gateway, whom ever is supported how they want to support the product they want to sell.

I really don’t know what you are talking about by the “talk to a human crap” I was in there helping my brothers fiance find a computer, and I was just showing her Mac’s. I let the guy say what he had to, but I could not believe the shit he was saying. Its all a bunch of brainwashed ass fucks, that know nothing about the comparison between PC and Mac other than what CORPORATE wants them to say.

Thats the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

that’s a sales person you (insert lame insult if you wish), the support people are a lot smarter.

the sales people (some of them) are no better then reading apple.com but they’re not trained to be or paid to be any better.

well, they kind of have to since it proprietary. But you are right… it’s probably a hell of a lot easier trying to trace a problem down on a mac, than on a PC (if you’re not a geek)

Not saying Apple apps are worse or better than M$, just there are applications that I use on a normal basis that do not like running on a*nix based system.
yeah… hell, I’d give OSX a shot if it ran some of the software that I use day to day, but unfortunately it doesn’t

And people the cry about prices, why don’t you compare the price of Dell’s XPSONE to a comprable iMac. Not so shitty anymore is it?

apples to apples :shrug:
well, for a dual core iMac w/24" screen

• 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme
  • 2GB memory
  • 500GB hard drive1
  • 8x double-layer SuperDrive
  • ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
    = $2,299.00

Dell Dual core w/24" screen

Intel® Core™2 Duo E6850 (3.00GHz,4MB L2Cache,1333FSB)

Dell 24in Widescreen 2407WFP-HC UltraSharp™ Digital Flat Panel Display

4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz

X2 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

Single Drive: 16X (DVD+/-RW) Burner Drive

256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

= $1800.00

pretty close, although the dell has 2 extra GB of memory and a slightly faster processor… but when your ordering 10-100 of these, and the price difference will be noticeable.

:deadhorse:

actually, I remember hearing that some universities actually require an apple notebook as part of the curriculum? thats pretty shitty for the students that already purchased a PC notebook

this is the dumbest shit i have ever heard… its just a different operating system now

werd, besides the plastic and the “logic board”, they are all the same

Incoming freshman this year - netpass registration doubled almost tripled from previous years at the university at buffalo in the dorms

which = A logic board is the Apple Macintosh equivalent of a motherboard.

IE the same thing :tup:

Apple is as big as it is because it makes technology user friendly/clean/simple/etc. It’s not the technology, it’s the implementation.

Seriously, why do you guys fight about this EVERY TIME an apple product comes out? Show your opinion with your wallet, not 50 page threads that only serve to bring out the “experts” in everyone.

This is exactly the reason why women shouldn’t be able to vote.

UB Dental school has a choice of PC (Lenovo IBM) or Apple MacBook Pro. And they are a preconfigured package that the school decides on. I believe it was around $3500+ per student after you add in all the required components. This is on top of their tuition and fees.

And it is MANDATORY to purchase through UB Dental.