omg what a tool!

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=220212&page=1

this guy got flamed non stop and some peoeple even gave him sensable answers.

he stilll insists on doing this and says that it can be done for 2000 by his local shop mechanic and that he wil be the first. afterwards everyone will want to copy him,

whoever has a nico account, please please call this guy a jackass.

omg! i cant believe what im reading.

vent vent

I think he is just messing around like birdhouse tends to do.

well if he’s found a shop that will do the work for $2k and they actually Do, do the work for that price then let it go…

he’s already been flamed for it, he’s obviously chosen to ignore it…

But no one has given, that I’ve read so far, a valid technical reasoning for why not, (The right frame mods, the right fabricator and allot of skill just about anything can be grafted together… it’s the $2K that I question.), Someone has even mentioned that’s it’s been done already. So let the kid go out , spend money to ruin his car and you can all have a jolly laugh at his expense afterwards…

thee have been technical reasons tho,

like the problem with suspension, the width of the chassis, the frame designs.

ill be the first to admit that ive posted some really dumb shit before but ive taken advice.

i just dont undertsand.

These are all things that he’s paying $2k to a shop to sort out… let him find out on his own what he’ll get for 2K. If anything the shop that agreed to do the work is one that you should be bashing on…

Sounds like fun to be honest. From what I know of both cars, and have built full frames and rails etc… All that would be used off the rear s14 side would be some of the body pannels, floor, subframe etc… Leaving 90% of the underneath uncluding driveshaft and what not to be totally custom.

Although, as I’m thinking as I type this. just swapping in the motor, and front x-member and all the 4WD junk into the s14 then modifying the body of the R34 to fit onto the s14 frame would be far easier, and less insane than just welding two halves of two different cars together.

I was tempted a while back to just weld the rear clip of the MR2 we got to the front end of our Cdn recipeint (mostly as the local car was rusted to poo) but I just did the motor anyhoo… might have been fun the other way, but getting that to line up right etc… Not much fun.

so the Scribble-nosis (similar to a diagnosis but with more ME) for 2K uhm yeah I’ll weld an R34 front onto an S14 rear, but I wont garuntee anything to work or line up at all, just that the two car parts will be welded together in some fassion.

cheers

I was expecting a review of something recently purchased from Canadian tire…

LMFAO!

all those people bashing him about suspension are stupid…

yes the front is different… but your weldign that whole front clip onto the car so it’s a non issue

and the back half is basically the same you could use an r34 rear suspension in an s14 with almost no work

so you would essentially have the same suspension as in a real r34 but with crappy brakes and shocks

your only real worry is being able to line up any part of the body shells, it would look liek ass and likely be structurally unsound ifthey are jut weldign it the way i think they are, and even if it could fittogether it wouldn’t work without alot of wiring and even then i doubt the 4wd would ever workproperly again because it’s likely those sensors were in the back half the car…

you know what would be ready funny tho… if he actually somehow got this done, then i would laught my ass off at all the people who called him an idiot… uhh why do i always root for the losing team

Well…
That explains why you own a nissan…
ducks!

Meh, Internet banter it freaking booring to read