On ramp 1, Cobalt SS 0

I don’t really want that one anymore. As fast as it may be I just can’t justify owning another one of those cars, 373whp or not. It’s time for a change of pace.

And it may be totalled, the undercarriage is tweaked and both front tires are pushed up back in the fenderwell (especially the driver side wheel). The transmission is leaking, it’s missing at least one axle, the front bumper needs to be repainted as well as the fender straighted out and resprayed, which may require blending of the paint which jacks the price up even higher. And that’s only what I can tell from the car sitting on the ground supported by it’s own subframe.

I also will need a rental car during the time this car is missing, so there’s more $ that my insurance company is going to need to dish out. I believe they also have to reimburse my hospital copay since that is on my policy as well.

It might look like “minor” damage at first, but when you total everything up the bill adds up and it might be more cost effective for insurance to just total the car altogether.

Either way I am more than likely going to part the car out if they don’t total it and trade it in on something else anyway. This is wreck #2 in 3 winters, except this time I was at fault. :frowning:

You don’t want to know what that car has been through. haha

It is probably totaled. On the off chance that it isn’t, it is going to take a lot of work to get it back to close to where it was. Good that you’re ok though.

Thanks for the comments guys. It really means a lot to me.

damn that sucks chris, glad your ok, get rid of the car and get yourself one of those RWD jobbers

the hosp bills and rental are completaly seperate from the actual car bill ,they may fix it as u can get all that needs repairing used now if ya want it toyalled go back into it a few times but otherwise they may fix it

doesnt matter what its been through. make it look pretty and sell that shit once its fixed. even with a salvage title.

I thought there had to be over 75% (80%) of damage to total a car.

Glad your ok.

How is that totalled? Looks like a broken control arm, new tire, and touch up on a couple scuffs.

Frame might be tweaked, subframe, steering rack etc. Paint and bodywork isnt cheap. I’m assuming it books for around 10k. I can easily see 7500 in damage/repairs occuring if any kind of significant damage is discovered.

Real sorry to hear about the car Chris, but I’m glad to hear that there’s no perm damage to your noggin’.

If it’s totalled, you’re not gonna go for an 08-09 SS/TC?

I thought about that, but I want something different. I’ve owned this car since June of 2007 and to be honest I am rather sick of it already. :lol

swap motor into early nineties cavalier wagon

I vote you get a rex wagon, especially if you’re going to stay in the Northeast…

I vote that pics of Benny’s broke ass dumpy Bimmer be banned from further posts on any thread. I cant tell you how much Im sick of seeing this!

To OP: Good luck with the car and better luck with your health.

you’re mad my dumpy I-6 moved out on your LSx, it’s ok.

I dont remember that being the case. The rematch nobody was around for told a different story. Rematch in spring. I will give ya a 2 door head start. Use it wisely!

Now be a good Moderator and delete these off topic posts… :stuck_out_tongue:

glad to see ur alright dude

Thanks.

State Farm kicks ass. Not only do they cover the car, but they cover all medical bills since its no fault (even though I have medical insurance) right down to the prescription I filled.

Highly recommend SF.