On the homeowners bandwagon (pics inside)

Finally got around to snapping a few pics of my new home. I closed back in December but it’s finally getting warm and getting me motivated to mod the house.

It was originally a two family, just over 1400 sq. feet. Double lot (fairly rare in the city), two driveways, 2.5 car garage, separate storage shed, hot tub, currently set up with two bedrooms but pantry could be converted back to a third, 2 full baths, small office area upstairs, tons of closet space, and the best part, separate wet bar with lounge area.

Dining Room:

Bar:

Living Room:
http://i31.tinypic.com/6z3mtz.jpg

Nice…I will be joining this club in the summer.

Cant wait

Good for you, looks nice.

Congrats! I closed on mine almost exactly one year ago. Place looks nice is that city of buffalo or Tonawanda.

Mine is city of Tonawanda… wish I had a double lot!

Mine is1250 sq ft, 3bedroom, 1 bath nothing major done so far, save for striping wallpaper (most was done before move in and side hallway was done a couple of months ago and just finished up one spare bedroom with it… wallpaper SUUUCCCKKKS) and installed a laminate floor in the dining room which actually sucks don’t cheapy HD/Lowes crap go pergo if you do laminate… but there southern yellow pine hardwood throughout my house that is begging to be refinished.

Congrats on joining the club! Things only get better as they go.

Congrats.

Step one, buy, borrow, rent or steal a miter saw and fix the trim around the doors and windows.

90 degree square pine FTL.

Picking up some cheap molding at a home store and putting nice mitered 45 degree cuts will make a huge difference for not a lot of money.

:word:

there was one house I looked at that was awesome in every way except for excessive use of pine trim as well as one gigantic like 30x30 living room that was completely paneled in knotty pine :barf:

I decided I was too lazy to begin with replacing all of that on day one lol

congrats!

i like how you did the bar…

congrats looks really nice!!

i did however notice in the last pic that you have the lamp from the girls crotch motivational poster… nice job x2!

nice buy dude :tup:

word my phone sucks with pics. pine trim is being removed this summer, i just wish i didn’t have that whole pine-wall. probably put up some new drywall and crown molding or maybe a chair rail for the dining room to give it a different feel from the living room.

when standing behind the bar, the room goes back like another 15’ so there’s plenty of room for a dart board, mounted flat screen, etc…just a little too narrow of a room for a pool table unfortunately. i want to deck the room out with a real dark wood and paint the walls maybe dark green, give it an irish pub kind of feel. the wall with brick has solid glass block windows, it’s definitely a cool touch.

and yes, that is a genny cream ale neon clock behind the bar.

verah nice!

Welcome to the homeowner crew.

Looks like alot of potential with that place